19| Two Catastrophes

That is it, everything told, everything disclosed.

This only time I fell like taking someone's advice really was effective. Why do make things purposely late when you can just.....spit them out

"I love you", I breathed out.

Now the only thing I was doing is hugging my own waist tightly. My lips pursed as my ears became more eager minute by minute to hear a response. I raised my gaze to meet his eyes, expecting to encounter a likable expression, but nothing. All I earned was a confused frown from him. He finally spoke,

"What is this?" Was all he responded with.

My mouth was slightly agape which caused my mouth to dry up, I quickly licked my lips, "What did you hear?"

"What the heck is wrong with you, today's not April 1st, is it?"

I quickly sighed and realigned my position, "What are you trying to sa-"

"Did you just say you have grown fond of me?" he asked, almost in total disgust.

"Y-Yes"

"Y/N, please tell me this is a joke?!"

All I could do was let out a nervous chuckle, "Not a joke in the slightest"

He shook his head in disappointment, sighing as his eyes widened, "Please-what?!"

"Listen, I am utterly unaware  if you have lost your mind or what the hell is wrong with you" he paused, my heart twisted at his tone of voice. "If you are expecting a cliché response from my side too, then I am terribly sorry. Y/N, I have never seen you anything more than a friend, a friend whom I share all my feelings with. Your misconception of-"He let out a laugh, "I don't like you, please".

The back of my head felt heavy as a lump started to form in my throat, I gulped, exhaled and then again gulped to get rid of it, but instead what did happen were hot tears splitting over and flowing down my face like a river escaping a dam. And the next thing I knew were all of my hopes streaming down my red face, which I didn't care to wipe off.

"What" I choked out as my voice cracked, "No" I whispered.

What he did was position his head to the opposite direction and closed his eyes as he sighed, rubbing his forehead uncomfortably.

"So y-you are telling me e-everything, everything you did was in a fucking thought of a friend?. What about how you called me darling every time and It made me blush like mad. And what about the almost kiss? The flirty comen-, Louis how can you", I cried out.

"A liar " I whispered, sniffling between the words.

His head snapped back to me, his face fuming up with anger and his eyebrows knitted together, "It was and is your mistake how you take things wrong because you have lost your mind! It was all an accident, an accident that leads to horrible misunderstandings. Misunderstandings that are now strangling around my neck, just because of you!"

The moon burst open as the stars collapsed into themselves above my head, falling into the sea like fireworks. My whole world fell apart as those words escaped his lips.

I was taken back, I gripped the arm of my chair using my sweaty palms and sobbed. A thousand needles pricked into my skin couldn't match the pain felt in my body right now. All I could feel was a stinging bolt of pain travelling from my head towards my whole body.