Chapter 39- A Turn Of Events Pt. 1

Miles's POV:

I turned around, looking and seeing the alternate Gwen. The one who came with the alternate me to warn me about Tinkerer in the first place. I looked away from her as my trembling hands clasped together just to hide them from her. "What do you want now?" I say, trying to keep myself calm.

Alternate Gwen sighed as she took her hand off my shoulder and came, sitting next to me on the building I was on, and she looked at me, and I didn't meet her eyes.

"I know what happened with your Gwen," she says, her voice soft as she looks down. "The same thing happened to my Miles, and he was in a coma too,"

I look at her, and she had the same sodden expression I did. "Then how was he still alive when you came to warn us?"

"He woke up, and we both beat Tinkerer together," she says and I kinda look down. Alternate universes sometimes mean opposite situations. Does that mean Gwen never wakes up and Tinkerer gets their way and ends up killing everyone I love and me? 

Alternate Gwen must have seen my expression because she puts her hand on my shoulder again. "Just because we're in alternate universes doesn't mean that the opposite always happens, Miles. She'll wake up,"

"You don't know that," I say with my voice cracking as I look at her. "I'm all alone and she's not here to help. My mom's dead, my dad is seperating from me and I can't be Spider-Man anymore," I say as tears streak down my face. I hated feeling helpless because I didn't know what to do.

Alternate Gwen reached over, hugging me, and I kinda just break down in her hold because I haven't been held like this since before Mami died. I sob in her arms as she comforts me, and I feel like the most alone person on the Earth. I can't lose everyone I love.

"Miles it's going to be okay," Alternate Gwen comforts me. 

I get out of her arms and I kinda gather myself, looking down at New York City, as tears are wiped from my face and I sniffle. "I've read the comic books," I say looking at her. "Gwen Stacy falls for Spider-Man in every universe but it never ends up working out."

"There's a first time for everything, right?" she says as she tilts her head a little.

I kind of shut up at that.

She's right....so what do I do....