Chapter 47- Different Worlds

A/N: Some chapters I may mainly do on third POV and none of their POVs. Just giving a heads up.

Amadeus fiddled with his web-shooters inside the closet he was in. He was trying to get something out that had stuck in the container of his web fluid, a small pebble had found its way into there when Amadeus had fallen into McKenzie's universe. Amadeus shook it and heard nothing. He had gotten a paperclip and unraveled it in an attempt to get the pebble out. He carefully grabbed the end of the paperclip and wiggled it into the mini hole that released his webs and he moved it until he hit something. Amadeus grinned and kept trying to get the pebble out.

 McKenzie was currently working on his universal hopper. A couple of wires accidentally got snapped in the hopper when McKenzie had to cut some dead wires that weren't generating any power, which shut down his hopper as McKenzie was just getting it to work. He had about two weeks left, as McKenzie had said before he could return home. His mother was going to kill him for being away so long. 

Amadeus dismissed his thoughts and mainly focused on getting the pebble out. Then, when he thought he finally was getting it out, he pressed the button that released his webs and he yelped as it plastered itself onto his face. He tried getting it off his face, but the sticky web wouldn't give up. He fell off of his makeshift bed and knocked the closet door open, splaying out on the floor. McKenzie jumped and she immediately got ready to fight but then she saw it was just Amadeus. 

"You scared me, you asshole," McKenzie said as she placed a screwdriver she had in her hand down on the desk she was working at. Amadeus smiled sheepishly and then McKenzie took in his situation. McKenzie snorted and then began laughing. Amadeus's smile turned into a frown as he tried to get the web off. 

"Just help me, will you?" Amadeus asked as he continued struggling. McKenzie smirked at him.

"Can't I take a picture? Please?" McKenzie peered down at him, with a mischievous glint in her eye. Amadeus rolled his eyes at her antics.

"Go ahead, do it. I'll tell your Mom I'm living here and that you're a superhero." Amadeus returned the smirk, and McKenzie playfully rolled her eyes.

"Like you really would."

"Wanna test that theory, Kenzie?" Amadeus teased McKenzie, tilting his head at her. McKenzie's eyes narrowed at Amadeus as her smile turned into a threatening one.

"Don't call me that."

"Then help me or I'll call you Princess." Amadeus grinned up at McKenzie and she glared at him. McKenzie took a small pocket knife and she began to cut the web carefully until she accidentally scratched Amadeus's cheek when she got her knife stuck in the stickiness of the web. Amadeus winced and McKenzie's eyes widened.

"I'm sorry!" McKenzie said as she quickly got up, grabbing a first aid kit and pulling the contents of it out. Amadeus sat up, free of the web, pushing it aside along with his web-shooter. His cheek stung where McKenzie had accidentally cut him, and McKenzie came over to him with a cotton ball, some cleaning solution, and a bandage. 

Amadeus gritted his teeth, trying to take his mind off the pain in his cheek. It stung and burned as McKenzie cleaned the wound. Blood had taken all the white of the cotton ball, and she quickly placed a bandage over his cheek. Amadeus flushed when he realized how close she was to him. 

"What?" McKenzie said as Amadeus looked at McKenzie. She was maybe half a foot away from his face, and his brain began to fantasize about him closing the space in between them and kissing her. Half of him wanted to gag, thinking this was a girl he had just met.

"Oh, uh, nothing... Just my cheek hurts." Amadeus said, feeling the tips of his ears going hot. McKenzie looked at him apologetically. 

"I'm sorry, that was my fault. Maybe next time you shouldn't be messing with your webs. Not very smart to do." McKenzie smirked at Amadeus. 

"I wasn't, I was trying to get something that was stuck in my web-shooters. It wouldn't get out." Amadeus said. McKenzie sat down beside Amadeus and she kissed her teeth.

"That sucks. Can I help?" She held out a hand for the web-shooters and Amadeus grabbed them from beside them and handed them to her. She looked at her desk, and shot a web at her screwdriver, which easily came to her hand. She used her screwdriver to loosen the panel and open his web-shooters. Inside laid the web fluid, surrounded by some plastic supporters that were shaped like the container and the small pebble that laid where the web would come out. Amadeus had somehow shot a web and not had loosened the pebble.

McKenzie flicked the pebble out and screwed the panel on his shooters back on.

"Done." She grinned and Amadeus stared at her in disbelief. 

"You mean to tell me I could have just done that?" 

She laughed, a sound that sounded lovely to Amadeus. He smiled, seeing her happy.