Chapter 40- Swinging

McKenzie's POV:

Being upset is no fun when you're under pressure. Actually, nothing is fun when you're under pressure.

As I swung further away from my house, I start to feel more and more upset. I don't know what's wrong with me, as I can't keep my mind clear from Amadeus.

I can't believe this... 

I kept swinging knowing how frustrated and upset I was getting on every web I shot from my wrists. New York in my universe may be gorgeous by the buildings, but what happens below is no beauty. Every day either someone gets kidnapped, slashed, killed, robbed, anything bad you can imagine, it happens here.

Every. Single. Day.

My city is kind of like Gotham, but a little less grimy. And without Batman, and in place of him is me, Wolf-Spider.

I swung around, shooting a web at a building that was not too far and I used my web to pull myself up onto the ceiling to catch my breath. 

As I thought more, I felt bad for leaving Amadeus alone, but then I dismissed the thought.

I sensed something and looked above as some helicopters were going around and it looked like they were mindlessly driving around.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion and then as one helicopter started to turn, I saw something fall off. I went to the edge of the roof and realize it was a person. Shit.

I jump off the edge of the building to throw myself off of it towards the falling person. This person wasn't even flailing their arms for their life, they were just falling. This situation was just getting weirder and weirder.

As I cut through the air by how fast I was going, I was getting closer to the person. The person was still falling quickly.

As I got closer to the person, I saw it was a man who was a police officer. He had some sort of a lost look in his eyes as if he was sleeping with his eyes open.

This is one particular situation...

I raise my right arm and I shoot a web at the man's torso, using my left arm to shoot a web at a nearby building and I swing with the man still connected to my web, over to the roof and I land carefully with the man laying down on the roof floor.

"Hello?" I say to the guy and he still lays there with a lifeless look in his eyes. He doesn't say anything and drool comes from the side of his mouth and down his cheek. 

I look at the police officer in disgust and then I hear people screaming.

I look over and see a helicopter has crashed into a building and a fire was starting. 

Holy shit.

I look over at the police officer and he was still there looking dead but alive, and I decided to jump off and swing towards the crash area. I then smashed through the glass of the building and saw a lot going on.

Some people were running around, trying to avoid the fire at all costs, some were dead, on the ground bleeding and the fire was consuming their bodies by burning them. Some others were trying to breathe in the smoke of the fire and were on the floor, grabbing their chests having a bad coughing fit.

Okay Ken, let's save some people.

I run over and I start to help people up and get them out of the building. Some ambulances and some police officers began to circle the area trying to figure out what happened.

I swing over to some of the ambulances when I see the helicopter start to take down the building by tilting and some more people were screaming because their loved ones were inside.

What is going on?!

I can't do all of this at once- Wait a minute, who is that?

I look in the sky and see something- Or someone swinging over to the building. I squinted in the burning light of the sun and I see something red and gold enter the building.

Amadeus.

I was actually kinda happy to see him. He has no idea how a huge help his existence to me is right now. I helped some more injured people into ambulances and then I saw Am swing down from the building with children in his hands. Once he put them down, the children go off running to their grateful parents.

I smiled once he stood up and looked at me.

"Hey..." He says  and he sounds a little uncertain. I knew what he was about to say next, so I cut him off.

"We'll worry about that later, let's just save people."