Chapter 36- This Better Be Good

McKenzie's POV:

I don't know what was wrong with this dude, but he needs to realize- He just told my mom all of this bullshit about him being Iron Spider and all, But THEN he turns to talk about him being my long lost best friend who left me such a long time ago.

My mother's eyes went from being tired and confused to shock and confusion. Her eyebrows shot up when Amadeus explained the whole reason he was here and standing. I felt a feeling that he was leaving something else out when he explained he left because of some scientific accident with his mother that landed him here on my Earth.

My mother's gaze went to Amadeus, her face still confused.

"And yeah, that's everything," Amadeus said as he awkwardly cleared his throat and looked up at my mother.

"So- I'm sorry, this is a lot to take in," My mother's confused face broke with an awkward laugh and smile. "You mean to tell me this because you were brought here by accident and you're my daughter's best friend from so many years ago?" She brought a hand up to the side of her face, maybe trying to conceal a full smile or something like that.

Amadeus then slowly nodded after a second. He holds up his wrist and I let out a small gasp as I notice what the thing was on his wrist. It was a dimension hopper, similar to the ones I have been working with for the past few months. It was what I had used to visit Gwen earlier that day.

Amadeus and Mom looked at me as I fight to prevent the flushing of my cheeks to appear.

"I know what that is," I say sort of meekly, and Mom looks at me with a confused look.

"You know what that thing is?" Her gaze returns to the hopper on Amadeus's wrist.

"Yeah Mom, I've been working on it for a long time," I say as I get up and walk over to Amadeus. He looks at me and we lock eyes for a second when I decide to break it and look at his hopper. I noticed it was emitting some sort of smoke that was not easily visible.

"Did you break this on purpose? It looks like you got water or something on it, I say as I look up at Amadeus. What was surprising is Amadeus looked down and his ears turned the slightest of a hot red.

I arch an eyebrow and I decide telling my mother anything more would make her age older than she is. I then close my eyes and reach out my mind to Amadeus, then reading his thoughts of what he was thinking.

I then felt anger as I realized this whole thing was his own damn fault. He decided to take the suit from some guy named Peter he knew and he had spilled some dirty water on it and then he teleported here.

What in the name of fuck-

I open my eyes again and Amadeus is looking at me with a confused look.

"You okay?" I then return his worried look with a glare, and I take my hands off of his shoulders, clearly pissed off at his antics.

"That was some bullshit, Amadeus." I don't even look to meet his gaze.

"Language, McKenzie." Mom scolds me but I ignore her.

I walk towards him and poke a finger at his chest. 

"Go."

Amadeus doesn't look surprised but he looks at me with a confused look.

"What do you mean-"

"Go the fuck away," I say ignoring my Mom's warning. Amadeus puts on a face that looks like a scold and a fake pouting face, and then he walks out and leaves. My mom then briskly slaps me on the arm, and I wince, immediately putting an arm over where she slapped me.

"I told you to watch the language."

"Yeah, Yeah, Mom." I grit my teeth.

I started to sort of feel bad for kicking out Amadeus- But it was so worth it. What he did was not right.