Chapter 43 ~ Some Things Never Change and Sometimes They Do (Pt.1)

A/N: Fair Warning, there's some more language than usual in this one.

Week skip. What's going on currently is Amadeus is looking around McKenzie's universe trying to find someplace to stay as he is stuck there. McKenzie is trying to piece her life back together and she tries to forget what had happened earlier that previous week 

McKenzie's POV:

I sat on my bed frustrated. I had gone through a whole week and all I have been thinking about was that goddamn boy. All week long I couldn't clear my head about Amadeus so I ended up In detention.

Twice.

I've been pissed off all week long about this and so has Mom. She grounded me for being in detention and I'm the perfect student. Nothing can mess me up but apparently, this guy can mess me up in school.

I messed with my stress ball I got from elementary school just thinking about how pissed I was, and then it quickly switched to Amadeus.

"God fucking damn it!" I scream as I throw my ball against the wall and it bounces off the wall and then hits the windowsill and rolls out of it since I had the window open. I launch myself towards the window to catch it but it just rolls off of the roof.

I was so lucky I was home alone right now.

I kick something in anger and turn my back to the window to get the ball by running downstairs as fast as I can when I feel tingling in the back of my head, telling me someone was behind me. I immediately shifted into battle mode.

I whip around and throw my fist at the person, who bends over as my stress ball bounces on the floor.

I realize at the last minute the person was Amadeus and I have a strong urge to hit him again.

"Damn, all I was doing was bringing back your ball and talking to yo-"

"What did I say, dipshit? I said I don't want to see you." I say, grabbing my stress ball and placing my hands on my hips facing Amadeus as he holds his face from where I punched him.

"You're welcome-" I get so pissed at him I kick him straight in the crotch and he falls over groaning in pain.

"You got shit in your ears? I don't want a thank you."

"Yeah, got that message loud and clear," Amadeus groans as he uneasily stands up.

I cross my arms. 

"Well, you can get out now," I say motioning my hand towards my open window.

Amadeus doesn't answer and he seems to ignore me as he glances over at my desk, where I was messing with a dimension hopper earlier. 

Oh hell no.

Amadeus looks at me and he looks like he knows that I know what he's thinking so he tries to grab it but I luckily have my web-shooters on and I shoot one at his wrist before he can reach it.

"You're trying your luck today. I don't think you'd like to be missing anything," I said, tilting my head. "Do you?"

"Nope. Just wanting to get home."

I give him a sarcastic look. "You never give up after a girl punches you and then kicks you in the nuts, do you?"

"Well, what does it look like, Princess?" He returns the look. I narrow my eyes and I punch him again.

"Never call me Princess," I say rubbing my fist.

"What is your fucking deal with punching people today? I'm trying to get home!"

"Well, it's not my fault you were being a total dumbass! 'Borrowing' armor from the person is called stealing." I say back to him, pissed off. "You know, I forgot to thank you for ruining my secret identity. It's called a secret identity for a reason, and unless you didn't know that, you spoiled brat, you also claim to be my best friend. I don't even know you!" I fasely claim.

I huff out of breath from yelling and Amadeus seems stunned.

"Well, first of all, I'm not a dumbass-"

"I'll tell you this once and I'll tell you this again. Get the fucking hell out of my house." I point towards the window.

"I'm trying to -"

"GET OUT OF MY DAMN HOUSE." My face is heated with anger and Amadeus seemed saddened by that.

"Listen- Before you yell at me more, I'm just trying to find a place or get home," Amadeus says calmly after my anger just being released on him. I take a deep breath and calm down as my anger goes away.

I place my hand on my face out of confusion.

Why would I help this guy? He seems like a major- and I mean major pain in the ass, but he seems decent and needs somewhere to stay. The hopper I'm working on isn't done.

I groan and I look him straight in the eyes.

"You can stay in my closet. it's not very big but it's big enough for a six-foot guy like you. The hopper I'm working on isn't finished and I don't have enough time to work on yours."

A smile appears on Amadeus's face and he nods.

"Understood."