Chapter 46- The Origin of McKenzie Stone/Wolf Spider Pt.2

A/N: (Make sure to read Part One in Book One before continuing to read this.)

McKenzie stared at her hands. She turned them over and kept looking at them. There was nothing wrong with their appearance. She had earlier that day gotten her hands stuck on her window and she had broken it. There was a blanket carefully in her window tucked to protect her from the cold and the outside.

What is wrong with me? McKenzie pondered as she continued looking at her hands. She placed her hand on her bed and pulled it off. It didn't come with her. She looked at her hand and it was fine.

What- She tried it again and it didn't work. She got frustrated and threw her pillow at her table and huffed in frustration. When she wasn't looking, her pillow had hit her desk nearby, and her pencil box was pushed off and was about to fall.

Then, McKenzie felt a weird sensation in the back of her head, and then it took over her mind. It was telling her to look behind her, and she did so, catching her box before it clunked on the floor. She gasped in awe. How could she do that so quickly?

She placed her pencil box back on the table and she scratched her head in case some bug was back there, in the mess of her hair. There wasn't anything.

Whoa. No way, She thought. Then, she heard echoing footsteps coming up the stairs, probably her mother doing laundry, as she thought. As the footsteps got closer, she heard something whispering. She turned her head and didn't see anything. Then she heard something more clearly in her head. A thought that wasn't hers.

McKenzie should do her laundry now. I need to keep a closer eye on her after she ran away. God, I have way too much to do. She heard her mother's voice echo through her head. She didn't hear her mother speak. Was she going crazy?

Then, the doorknob jiggled and her mother opened the door, her other hand is occupied by a laundry basket. It was full of laundry. "Laundry, I come with," Her mother said in a silly voice. McKenzie rolled her eyes. Ever since telling her mother about her love for Star Wars, her mother made ridiculous references to it, one day she talked like Yoda all day long and Mckenzie couldn't stand it.

"You can put them on my bed." McKenzie scooched over to make room for her clothes as her mother did so. Her mother began to walk towards the door.

"Lunch in 5," Her mother said closing the door. McKenzie waited a minute until her mother was gone, and then she jumped up, having an idea. She opened her closet door and began searching at the bottom of her closet floor, which was littered with all of the toys she had as a kid, and a few clothes and old backpacks. Then she found it, grinning widely. She had found it.

In her hand was an original Spider-Man comic, it was torn in the right corner of the front page, but it was still good.

She sat on the floor and flipped through it and stopped when she saw when Peter first found his powers. In the graphic novel, it showed him panicking as he stuck to everything. McKenzie glanced at her hand and glanced back at the comic, making a mental list of what she had compared to his powers.

Stickiness, check. Spider-Sense? I guess check. Wait, can I shoot webs? Mckenzie flipped through the comic, finding the page. Once she did, she looked at her roof and positioned her hand to look like it did in the comic. Then, she strained to shoot a web. She couldn't.

Okay, I can't shoot webs. Wait... She flipped back a page and noticed he built the web-shooters. She slapped her forehead in embarrassment. She flipped back to the page when he got powers, and she noticed he made his costume.

Whoa, I can make my costume? By myself? So. Cool. She thought and then got an idea. She got up and ran downstairs into the kitchen where her mother was making grilled cheese sandwiches in a skillet. She was going so fast, that she almost fell. She kept her pace normal as she ran into the kitchen.