Chapter 38- Not Today.

McKenzie's POV:

I sit down in my chair and I groan of exhaustion. Everything that I thought wouldn't happen today or wouldn't ruin my day just happened.

Seriously, some guy who claims to be your best friend from seven fucking years ago was not how the day was supposed to end.

And on top of that, he's walking around wearing an Iron Spider-Man suit for god's sake. I know he stole it from some alternate version of a Peter Parker, but why? 

I sit up and notice a Spider-Man comic from when Nick was in my room. I pick it up and see the front cover of it, a comicky picture of Spider-Man shooting a web at some object.

Jeez, how many Spider-People are there?

I mean- I've heard the whole theory of the world having alternate universes, and it's true. I'm best friends with a girl who lives in an alternate universe.

I glance at my hopper just casually sitting on my desk and look back at the comic.

I put it down and look out my window to see one of my neighbors watering their plants and another pulling out of the driveway. No sign of that Amadeus dude.

Maybe he's out of my life for good. If he is my friend from the past, that's not a way to meet each other again.