Chapter 55- New Beginnings

(Oh my god I never thought I would be two chapters away from finally finishing "The Spark Between Us" series!!

And I have a big announcement on the last chapter! Just y'all wait :) )

(You guys think Miles is cheating...huh? Well read to find out, :) )

Gwen was laying on her bed, and it was yet another late night for her. She had evident tears streaked on her face. It had been a month since Miles had been coming home, smelling like spray paint and lying every single time about why he was home in the earliest hour of the morning.

"Oh I was told to stay later,"

"I had to help a coworker,"

"My boss is having a baby so she needed help,"

Gwen had been tired of the excuses, and she needed a reason why everything was happening. She got up, not caring she was in her pajamas, and she walked over to the closet, picking up her bright blue sneakers in front of them. She slipped them on as she hopped towards the stairs, and then she descended the stairs, grabbing her keys as she walked past the kitchen and to the doorway.

Sooner than she knew it, she knew exactly where Miles would smell like spray paint. She would catch him in the action and ask him what the hell he was doing and why he denied her so many times. She drove, her fists clenched on the steering wheel as she angrily drove to the spot where Miles usually went to paint. She saw his car parked next to the wall, and the light in the distance was on, so she knew he was here. She stepped out of the car, wiping her evident tears as she turned on her car alarm and marched her way in there.

She climbed effortlessly over the fence and smelled the strong scent of spray paint, Gwen coughing at the reaction of the smell as the light that signified Miles was here turned off suddenly, just a dim light in the middle of the room showing a dirtied Miles in causal clothes covered in paint packing up his paints and his boombox.

"Finally done," he said to himself excitedly as then he heard Gwen clear her throat, causing him to jump. "Oh my god! Dios mio, Gwen, what are you doing here so late?"

"Why?" Gwen asked, pursing her lips.

"What?"

"You fucking heard me. Why? Why would you be down here instead of spending time with me?"

"Gwen-"

"No! You're going to let me talk!" Gwen said, becoming upset. "I have been waiting every single damn night for you to come home. But no, I'm asleep when I feel your body next to mine, not even touching me. What is it? You lost interest? There's another...better, prettier, better of a hero than I am girl out there? Am I not good enough for you?" Gwen says, pointing at herself, tears streaking down. "I love you and I don't want to lose you, Miles. So spare me the bullshit. What's. Going. On?"

Miles looked at her, his gaze deepening and softening. "Oh Gwen, I didn't mean for you to feel this way! I'm sorry, I'm so bad at keeping secrets," he says as he runs a hand through his hair.

"What is it, Miles?"

"Well...I was going to wait til later but, no time like the present, huh?" Miles says with a wide grin. "Okay, okay, close your eyes...and please stop crying. You're too beautiful to cry and it breaks my heart to see it," Miles says as he wipes her tears away.

Gwen raised an eyebrow at him, confused, but she followed command and closed her eyes. She could hear the flicker and hum of lights coming on, and she heard Miles shuffling around.

"Where is it..." there were noises. "Aha! Okay now..." she felt herself being turned around. "Open."

Gwen opened her eyes and she gasped, putting her hand over her mouth as tears pooled in her eyes.

Miles was standing in front of another girl with a ring.

(LMAO JUST MESSING WITH YALL, HE TOO INNOCENT FOR THAT)

Gwen saw...her. It was her face, every perfect detail from her cheekbones to her freckles, to her baby blue eyes. Her head was decorated with flowers, and her name was written next to her face. "Miles...this is so beautifu-" Gwen turned around to face him, but he was not face to face with her.

Instead he was on one knee, with a pink ring holder, having inside of it, a beautiful diamond ring with pink amethysts around it. Gwen gasped, covering her mouth with her hands, her eyes widening, not expecting this in the slightest.

"Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy, you are the most unique girl I've met in the universe. I can't imagine what life would be like if I hadn't met you. I wouldn't be the person I am right now, let alone being on one knee.

During Tinkerer, life was hard for me, as it was for you, and it took everything out of my soul, but you were there for me, conscious of not. I can't believe we've gotten to this point right here, and right now I couldn't be happier that I accidentally gave you the most badass haircut ever," Miles smiled, which got a laugh and tears from Gwen.

"You're amazing, beautiful, smart, kind, and the best damn Spider-Woman I've met and had the privilege of being in love with. I am the happiest around you, and I want to build a life with you. I want to marry you, I want to settle down and have kids, grow old, and I can't imagine doing all of those things without you. I don't know how much time we have left, but I'm making good damn time out of it.

So, Gwen, Gwanda, Ms. Stacy hopefully-to-be-soon-Morales, will you do me the prosperous favor of marrying me?" Miles asked hopefully with a sparkle in his eyes.

Gwen sniffled, happy crying with a smile as she dropped her hands as she laughed as she nodded her head, looking at Miles. "Of course I'll marry you, Miles,"

Miles grinned, putting the box down as he got the ring out, gently grabbing her hand as he slid the ring on her right ring finger. He stood up, meeting Gwen face to face.

He gently used his hand to grab her chin to tilt it up so he could meet her eyes. "I'm so sorry I made you feel like I didn't love you anymore. There is no one else, you are perfect, and if anything you are more than enough for me. It hurts me knowing I made you cry, and I'm so sorry. I hope this made up and explained everything,"

Gwen smiled, nodding as she put her hand on his cheek. "It's okay. I love you so much and I can't wait to be your wife,"

"And I love you so much and can't wait to be your husband," Miles smiled as he leaned down, meeting Gwen's lips as they shared a passionate kiss, the couple now engaged.