Chapter 1

You were newly divorced. Your partner Hilary had cheated on you and then left you for the woman he cheated on you with. This broke your heart and you couldn't deal with it, so your sister recommended a small divorce counselling group in London, saying it would do you some good.

So there you stood, a cold October outside of the small office block the counselling service was. You sighed, you didn't really want to go in but you promised your sister. Finding what level it was you got into a lift. "Hold the lift" someone called and you quickly pressed the button to the lift so the doors stayed open. The man who entered was tall with beautiful blonde hair. He wore a suit and tie and seemed to be in a rush. "Thank you" he said. The man's voice was deep and beautiful and you smiled.

"No problem" you said.

"I always love these enclosed lifts" he said, feeling its walls. "You ever been in a glass one?" he asked.

"Yeah they give me the weak knees sometimes." you said

"Imagine a poor person coming out of a really bad meeting and having everyone see them" he nattered. "Oh it would be awful"

"I did once" you said.

"Oh, you poor thing" he said. "What do you work in? No, don't tell me, let me guess" he stroked his chin. "Marketing. No, internal design"

"Bingo" you said grinning.

"You know how I know?" he asked.

"Nope"

"It's a number of things but anyway this is my floor" he said, the lift pinging and the doors opening.

"It is mine also" you answered.

The man raised his eyebrows "Divorce counselling?" he asked.

"Yeah" you mumbled, looking down.

"Is it your first time?" he asked.

"It is"

"It will be fine" he said, nattering again. "my first time I was worried but then I pulled myself together" he slapped his hand on your back.

"Thanks for your encouragement" you said and you walked into the office. It was obvious that you and he were late and you went over and sat in a free seat. The man sat in another which was a couple of people along on the right.

"We seem to have a new member" the woman spoke up. "Should we all introduce ourselves to make her feel at home?" the people nodded and the woman smiled. "I'm Dr Lawary, I host".

"Hi, I am (y/n)" you said.

The people went around until it got to the man you met on the lift. He smirked "Sinclair, Sinclair Bryant".

Soon the session was over. Your sister was right, it helped to hear other's stories and to tell your own. It helped with the sadness and anger you felt over Hilary. You thanked Dr Lowery and went out. A group got into the lift and you sighed, leaning against it.

"Did you find it useful?" the man Sinclair asked, leaning beside you.

"Yes I did" you said.

"Will you come back next time?" he asked.

"Definitely" you said grinning.

"Make sure you aren't late" he said jokingly.

"You need to as well" you said in the same way.

"That is a fair point noted" he said.

The lift pinged and everyone walked out into the cold street, you walked towards your flat, it was a 20 minutes walk but you needed time to think about what had been said.

"Next week" Sinclair said.

"Next week" you said smiling and walked away from the building.

You kept walking down the street and sighed, seeing your breath-form in the cold air. Today helped, you were glad to have a community of people who had close to the same experiences as you and could bond over them. The man with the blond hair, Sinclair was gorgeous and funny. You wondered what happened as he had only listened rather than talked. He seemed like the perfect man but you knew there was more to him than your first impressions.

You kept walking and reached your apartment. You grabbed some cake and ate a large bite. You loved food and your fridge was fully stocked with ingredients and takeaways. Looking over to your laptop you sighed. There was a deadline in a week and you got back to it, stress going back on you again.