Chapter 2

You walked from work towards the counselling group. You had success with the deadline and you felt a wave of calmness. You looked toward the counselling group, you had been thinking about Hilary again and plotting your revenge through the use of a large hammer which Harley Quinn uses and a large batch of acid. You also looked forward to seeing Sinclair for the second time.

Getting to the building you knew you were this time early and you stood outside for a little time until you felt like it was early enough to go in. You took a book out and started to read. It was Narnia and you read it whenever you had the time.

You heard a cough and you looked up to see Sinclair in front of you. "Good afternoon" he said. "What book?" he asked. You handed it to him and he turned it round in his hand. "I love a good children's book" he said smiling. "I always thought I would read my kids this" he handed it back to you and sighed.

"I did too" you said, putting it back into your bag. "However Narnia has a very interesting inner meaning"

"It does" Sinclair said grinning, "C.S.Lewis and J.R.R.Tolkien knew each other if you like Lord of the Rings" he said.

"I do" you said grinning.

"I prefer non-fiction myself but I do sometimes indulge in a fantasy world." Sinclair said. "When I want to escape"

"I always need an escape" you murmured. "That's why I fantasy wherever I go"

"What about movies?" he asked "Die hard? Robin Hood? I am sure you would like those films"

"I have watched them, they are amazing" you said. "I love to just watch movies in bed and eat food with" you tailed off.

"I did the same with my wife Natalie" he murmured. "Now" he said, checking his watch. "we should go in". You nodded and walked towards the lift with him.

"So you're an interior designer," he said. You nodded. "I'm a stock analyst" he said. "I could tell you that modern, black and white interior design will be on trend next year"

"Oh will they?" you asked. "I think its colour"

"Well we will see" he said chuckling and winked at you flirty. "Whatever happens I will still get paid"

"Lucky" you said. "If I mess up it comes out of my paycheck"

"That is a shame" Sinclair said, walking into the meeting and sitting down. You were the first two there and you sat next to each other.

Slowly people walked in as you carried on talking about trends in interior design, he knew so much it shocked you, from fashion to books he knew it all. When the host came in she noticed how much you chatted with Sinclair and smirked.

Three more sessions had passed and you felt better, not wanting to drown your ex-partner in partner boiling acid anymore and turn him into a joker-Eske villain. You cried a little, telling your story and you felt Sinclar patted you on the back and gave you a sad smile, also giving you a handkerchief, you kept it in a square as you dabbed your eyes. You still didn't know how he had become to be divorced and you kinda wanted to find out.

You stood up and smiled at Sinclair who stood next to you. "Are you okay?" he asked gently.

"Yeah" you mumbled.

You offered him his handkerchief back but he shook his head. "Keep it" he murmured.

You smiled and put it in your pocket, still folded into a square. "Thanks"

"No problem" he said. "I'm glad you managed to find some relief"

"Have you found relief?" you asked.

"I find listening helps me" he chuckled. "The first time in forever I don't speak. Now I must go for a meeting"

"This late?" you asked as you walked out of the room toward the lift.

"I arranged it to be after this so I was confident" he said. "Well more confident than I am already"

"Good luck" you said and smiled. "You will do amazing"

"You are too kind" he said and waved to you as he walked away towards the car park.

Sinclair sighed and got into his car. This meeting worried him but he knew he would get dopamine from seeing you. He found you terribly interesting and liked your kind and happy face. You made him smile.

You were walking back to your apartment and took the handkerchief out of your pocket, blowing your nose. You felt something fall out of it and you raised your eyebrows. You knelt down and picked up the piece of paper. You brought it up to the light of the lampost and looked at it. It was a number. You smirked and tucked it into your inside pocket, planning to phone him tomorrow.