Chapter 11

The boat sailed back up the river, passing houses and trees. Sinclair sat next to you, your foot in his knee. Gently he stroked it and he kissed your foot. "How is it feeling?" he asked.

"Better" you answered.

"I will change the wrappings when we get home" he said and. Pushed his hair back.

"Thank you" you said, smiling at him.

"Your welcome" he said, stroking your foot.

The boat stopped and Sinclair smiled at Angelo. "Thanks so much" he said.

"You're welcome" Angelo said and smiled. "Look after (y/n) and make sure her foot doesn't get any worse" Sinclir nodded. "My mother always made a nice broth when I was in pain, it warms up the bones si?"

"I am sure it does" Sinclair said, helping you down.

"ciao!" he said as you walked toward the house with Sinclair.

"ciao for now" you said back and hopped into the house.

"Angelo is lovely" you said as you laid on the couch.

"He is" Sinclair said, taking the wrappings off and seeing the wound had scabbed. He ran his thumb over it gently and looked at you.

"How is the damage?" you asked.

"It's not too bad" he said. "It's scabbing over now"

"Good" you said.

"I suggest keeping it in the air so it can heal" he said. "I can read to you if you wish"

"I would love for you to do that" you said.

Sinclair grinned and bounded off, coming back with a book. He settled onto the floor, sitting under where your head laid and opened the book. "Chapter one" he said, looking up at you. "Which treats of the quality and way of life of the famous knight don Quixote de la Mancha" he couched and started to read. "In a certain village in La Mancha" he stopped. "La Mancha is central Spain" he added "Toledo located in it" you nodded and Sinclair carried on reading, stopping here and there to add extra information which he thought was needed.

It soon got to 6pm and Sinclair had read to Chapter thirteen. You had been stroking his hair in your fingers and laying back, listening to him read about the many adventures of Don Quixote.

"My goodness" Sinclair exclaimed. "It is 6pm"

"Is it?" you asked. He was right, the sun was setting. Sinclair stood up and stretched.

"I hope you enjoyed my reading" he said.

"I did a lot" you said "You have a marvellous voice"

"I am glad you like it" you said.

There was suddenly a knock on the door and Sinclair looked confused. He kissed your head and put the book down. "I will just be a second" he said. "Then I can get us some dinner. How about Chinese?"

You grinned in response and Sinclair smirked. "I will take that as a giant yes" Sinclair said and went to the door. Sinclair opened it to be face to face with Natalie. He stared at her and she smiled. "Hey" she said. "Can I come in?"

Sinclair shook his head

Sinclair shook his head. "No" he said.

"I want to talk, please" Natalie said.

"About what?" he asked.

"Us" she said. "I am sorry, for everything. I was a fool"

"Where is your precious brother?" Sinclair asked.

"Nowhere, he left with a new girlfriend" Natalie whipped a tear. "I am sorry Sinclair. Please, I still love you"

"It's been 7 months Nads" he said. "Isn't it time you moved on?" he asked.

"I can't move on from you" she said. "I had no idea how much I would miss you"

Sinclair stood there, watching his old lover in front of him. He looked back where he could just see your foot.

"Is there someone there?" Natalie asked. Sinclair moved in the centre of the doorway blocking her view of you.

"It's none of your business" he said. "As you remember I divorced you, so you do not control the house or me"

"Remember everything we did together?" Natalie asked. "The wedding, the honeymoon"

Sinclair gritted his teeth and looked at Natalie with anger, he was trying to guilt-trip him. "Don't you remember when you were enjoying fucking your brother, ooh yes, he got in contact with me, and I believe him when he said you were enjoying the danger. You enjoyed hurting me. You enjoyed breaking my heart"

"I am sorry" Natalie said.

"You lied to me, Nads." he said.

You decided to hop up and see what was going on, peaking around the side you saw a blonde woman in a white dress at the door. Hell no. You didn't care if you were in one of Natalie's dresses, you looked better than she ever did in it. You came up behind Sinclair and hugged him from behind, peeking around so see Natalie.

"Who is this Sinclair?" you asked. Sinclair smiled and relaxed in your arms.

"This (y/n) my darling is Natalie" he said.

Natalie looked at you in shock and anger. "So this is the new person?" she spat in anger

"Yes" Sinclair said. "If you must know, they are"

"Another poor worker of your company I guess" Natalie spat.

"If you must know, Miss Gillespie" you spat. "I am an interior designer and did not meet him through work"

"And how long have you two been in a relationship?" she sneered.

"Since yesterday" Sinclair said

Natalie started to laugh and Sinclair blew his top. He didn't usually get angry, but when he was the earth quaked. "Get off my property" he screamed. "Get out" Natalie and you jumped at his scream. "Don't you dare come back, ever. Get out or I will call the police" he brought out his phone and punched into it 999. Natalie's eyes widened. "Hello, police. There is a woman on my property who is not leaving, even when I have asked her too"

"No. yes you can come over and you can escort the woman off the property" Natalie quickly went to her car. "Oh look" Sinclair sneered. "She is running away, but yes I will give her name, it's Natalie Gillespie" Sinclair slammed the door and went toward the couch. "She is my ex-wife, she turned up and refused to get off my property" Sinclair listened and nodded. "I will. Thank you very much. Teddy-bye" he put the phone down and put his head in his hands.

You sat next to him and put your hand on his shoulder. Sinclair started to cry, he had taken himself by surprise at his shout and now he felt deflated. You hugged him gently, stroking his hair. "God (y/n)" he muttered. "What do I do?"

"Just try to keep away from her" you said.

"Will you keep me away from her?" he asked.

"To the best of my ability, yes" you said.

Sinclair nuzzled into your breasts and rested his head on them, closing his eyes and breathing heavily. You let him rest against you and rest after shouting. "I am sorry she came" you said, gently stroking his head. "But she is gone"

"She is gone" he said. "and I have you" he smiled and kissed you gently. He got up from resting on your breasts and checked the time. "I think its time for Chinese'' he said. "Come along, let us put that" he wiped his eyes and sniffed. "Put that ghastly experience out of our minds."

You nodded and took his hand as you walked together out the house and towards the car.