Chapter 9

You woke to a person poking you in the cheek, you opened your eyes to see Sinclair up in the dark. You blinked and yawned. "Why are we up so early?" you moaned.

"The stars look beautiful" he said, pulling you out of bed

"Stuff the stars" you moaned.

"You can when you see them" Sinclair said. "Come on!

"What time is it?" you asked, slowly getting up

"It is time to watch the stars" he moaned and pulled you down the stairs and out onto the grass. You walked barefoot with him and he pulled you down onto the grass and you laid down with him. He was right, the stars were bright and beautiful. They shone down on you and him, winking and blinking. You squeezed Sinclair's hand and watched with him as the sun slowly rose, making the stars disappear and the blue sky return.

"Wonderful" you said, putting your hands in his.

"I need to pop around to Angelo's," he suddenly said.

"Angelo's?" you asked.

"He has the boat" he said. "He is usually up this time of day. Anyways I want you to meet him. He is a great fan of interior design" you grinned and Sinclair pulled you up to stand. "he is just a short walk"

You both forgot you were wearing pajamas and walked together in the dawning sun to Angelo's house. Sinclair was right, after a short walk along the riverside you got to a house, a yacht parked next to a wooden deck. The man called Angelo looked up and smiled at Sinclair. He waved and came down from the boat slowly, standing in front of you and Sinclair.

"Good morning" Angelo said

"Morning Angelo" Sinclair said.

Angelo looked at you with interest

"this is (y/n)" Sinclair said.

"Hello" you said.

"Hi" Angelo said,

"I was wondering if you could take me and (y/n) up the river a bit" Sinclair said.

"Sure" Angelo answered. "I will pick you up from outside your house at 11"

"Sounds great" Sinclair said.

"You realise you are both are in Pyjamas, and (y/n) is in yours" he said. You started to laugh and so did Sinclair. "So this is the new Natalie?" he asked.

Sinclair ran his fingers through his hair and laughed.

"Yes I am" you said.

"I am glad you have found a person" Angelo leaned on a post. "How did you meet?"

"divorce counselling" Sinclair said, again running his hands through his blonde hair.

"That's nice" Angelo said. "My grandpapa met his girlfriend through bereavement counselling"

You ohed and so did Sinclair as Angelo let go of the post. "Anyway I better get Jenkins here ready for sailing" he said, slapping the boat

"Well thank you" Sinclair said. "we will see you at 11"

"You pack me a mini picnic" Angelo said.

"As always" Sinclair said and he took your hand. Together you went down the pathway, your bare feet feeling the well-trodden track. Suddenly you felt a pain and jumped back, yelling in pain. Sinclair looked at you in worry.

"My foot" you said, your chin was spasming and tears started to fall down your face. A bit of glass had lodged itself into your right forefoot and tt was bleeding and Sinclair looked in worry. He picked you up and ran back to the house, making sure not to step on any glass himself. At this point you were crying in pain, holding onto Sinclair's jacket.

He put you down on the couch, careful not to get any blood on the carpet and went away, coming back with a first aid kit.

"Oh dear" he mumbled.

"What?" you asked.

"Don't worry" he said. "I am trained, I was part of the Scouts for two years" Sinclair slowly took the piece of glass out and placed it on the table. The wound gushed more and Sinclair looked up at you. "This will sting" he said and he wiped the wound with an anti-bacterial wipe to get away the dirt. You cried more, the pain was awful.

"I know darling" he said. "I know" you looked through your tears to see Sinclair also on the verge of tears. He hated seeing you in pain and couldn't bear it.

With a clean bandage, he wrapped your foot and kissed it. The bandage already started to bleed through and Sinclair looked in worry. "If it gets any worse we will have to get you to hospital" he said, wrapping another bandage around your foot.

You shook your head and Sinclair looked up at you, gently stroking your foot. "Then would you like some tea?" he asked.

You nodded and he smiled, getting up and heading toward the kitchen. After a short while, and your tears had stopped Sinclair came back with two teas and a plate with biscuits balanced on top of one of the cups.

He placed them down and waved a biscuits in front of your mouth. You took it in your teeth and Sinclair stopped to check your foot. Slowly he took the bandages off and checked your wound. It was red and angry but had stopped bleeding. Slowly he wrapped clean bandages and sat, your foot on his lap. He gently stroked your foot and looked at you with his puppy dog eyes. "Do you need a paracetamol?" he asked. You nodded and quickly he got up and went to the kitchen, returning with two tablets which he put in your hand. "Do you still want to do the picnic?" he asked.

You nodded and Sinclair smiled. Do you want to try walking? " he asked. You nodded and you put your foot on the floor. You winced in pain and got up on one foot, hopping on the stone floor. You hopped after him into the kitchen and sat on the side, watching him getting different things into the basket for the picnic.

"Can I help?" you asked.

"No" he said. "don't want you getting hurt further. Anyway, I have finished now and I think we should both get dressed."

You bit your cheek. How the hell would you be able to get upstairs to get your clothes back on? Sinclair saw your worry and put his arms out. You hoped into his arms and he carried you up the stairs and placed you on the bed. "I can get changed in the bathroom, you can try to get stuff on in here, I mean" he couched. "If trousers are too difficult I have a dress which used to be Natalie's."

"I don't think I could get trousers over the foot" you said sadly.

Sinclair looked at you with sadness and rushed off, only to return with a yellow loose summer dress. "I will leave you to put it on" he said, took some clothes from a drawer and went into the bathroom.

You managed to get into the dress and you smiled at your reflection. You looked great even though it wasn't your shape. After a short while, Sinclair returned and he grinned at you.

"You look lovely" he said.

"Thank you" you said with a grin. You were up but leaning on the wall, putting no weight onto your right foot.

"Shall I carry the injured princess to the picnic spot?" he asked.

You grinned and he smirked, picking you up and heading downstairs again. "It's almost 11" you said and Sinclair nodded, putting you down on the grass outside. He joined you with the basket and you watched the water as it lapped at the sides.

"Does it sting still?" Sinclair asked.

"slightly" you answered.

"Well I am sure I can take your mind off it" he said as the boat came into view.