Chapter 3

Next morning you got the little piece of paper from your pocket and phoned the number slowly. Before you started to ring you thought about it for a second. Would you want to go out for a meal with this man? Date? Kiss? Have babies? or he cheats on you. You didn't know how his relationship ended but you sighed. You needed to be strong and you could find out what happened when you got closer, he seemed really hurt on the subject.

Starting the ringer you heard a person pick it up. "This is Mr Sinclair Bryant." he said. "Who is this?"

"It's (y/n)" you said. "From the divorce counselling"

"oh (y/n), I was wondering when you would call" he said down the phone. "Now I have a busy schedule today, however, I was wondering if you wanted lunch? I could fit you in just before my big meeting" his voice faltered. "If you wish to have lunch of course. If you do I know a lovely quaint little eatery"

"When is this big meeting?" you asked, pressing your computer so it started to collect the designs of the hotel you were designing.

"3pm" he said. "So how does 1pm sound?" he asked

"That sounds great" you said.

"What's your address?" he asked. "I will pick you up"

You gave your address and Sinclair wrote it down. "I will pick you up at 1pm then Miss (y/n). Thank you for calling"

You smirked. He was so funny in a way, the way he nattered and talked on you found sweet and endearing. His voice was so smooth that you could listen to it for days on end. You checked the time. It was 12:40, he would be here soon. You looked down at your baggy pjs you had on and went to find something presentable.

The clothes you were most comfortable with and carried on pressing the keyboard of your computer to distract you from the worry of Sinclar arriving. ugh, you were so worried but you ignored your churning stomach and carried on reviewing the plans. You checked the clock and the doorbell rang.

Your heartbeat faster as you grabbed your bag and went to the door, opening it to see Sinclair in his usual suit. He smiled his cute grin and you came out of the house.

"Ahh (y/n) I feel grossly overdressed" he said. "I always wear a suit for work, but I prefer my baggy jumper" he smirked and went to the car, patting the side.

"Wow" you murmur

"You like her?" he asked. "I bought it just a couple of months ago." he smirked as he opened the door for you. "Unfortunately I am not the best saver, I always seem to spend"

"I am the same, to be honest" you said.

"It's got to have a brother in arms" he said. "It's so dull to save, I know I have to but things are so tempting. Including good food" Sinclair turned the key and drove onto the main road.

"You must tell me about this quaint little eatery" you said

"Ahh" Sinclair said. "Now that is a surprise"

You raised your eyebrows at this and Sinclair chuckled before turning into a busy street and parking in a space. He got out and waited for you to join him before pointing to 'Evie and Jason's tapas bar'. He smirked. "I love tapas" he said. "You can eat so much different things and not get full"

"Oh I agree" you said, following him into the little place. "I am always a person to go for patatas bravas and chorizo a la sidra" you said, "Its a must-have"

"Then we shall get it," he said, slouching slightly on the chair he flumped down onto. You sat opposite and he took the menu. "Sherry?" he asked. "Or a gin"