Chapter 12

As Sinclair was driving you realised you were in thick socks and no shoes.

"Sinclair?" you asked.

"hm?"

"I am wearing no shoes" you said.

"That's fine" Sinclair said. "I will get a takeaway and we can watch a movie of some sort while eating." he looked at you. "That's okay?"

"That's perfect" you said "I love you Sinclair"

"I love you also (y/n)" he said, resting his hand on your thigh and rubbing it gently before returning it to the steering wheel.

"If Hilary asked you back" Sinclair said. "Would you accept.

"Why would I?" you asked. "Why would I take them back when I have you. You have done more for me in two days than my entire relationship with them"

"Sinclair smiled and turned into a lane and into a small town. He stopped in front of a restaurant and kissed your head. "I will be back momentarily" he said and got out of the car and went into the restaurant. He returned with a receipt and waved it. "15 to 20 minutes to wait" he informed you. "Why don't I take you for a drive" he said. "I would offer that you could take the wheel but." he frowned.

"I think I could drive" you said, excited at the opportunity to drive Sinclair's beautiful car.

"Well it is all yours" he said but he grabbed you. "Careful" he winked. "Don't want to replace the car or you. Or even me which would be a hard feat" he laughed and while you got out and went around he hopped over the gearstick. You took the wheel, adjusted the seat and started the car.

"Good start" Sinclair said.

You laughed and checked both ways and went out into the road, driving along the country roads, the wind in your hair. You grinned from ear to ear as you went down roads of green, and little streams.

"Look at the sheep" Sinclair exclaimed, pointing at the sheep and lambs which ran around a field. You laughed and looked back at the road. "Go on, get a bit faster" Sinclair moaned "My grandma can walk faster than this and she is 6 feet underground" you rolled your eyes as Sinclair laughed and leaned back and closed his eyes, his hair flying in the wind. You went a bit faster, but mostly stuck to around forty miles an hour so to be careful, this wasn't your car and you would hate to crash it, especially when you were not insured. You took a left turn and you went up a hill. Parking up you looked at the great view it afforded you.

"Wonderful" Sinclair said, taking your hand.

"It is" you said, squeezing his hand.

"I wish I had met you sooner," Sinclair said. "So I didn't need to go through the hardships with Natalie"

"I wish the same" you said, looking at him. You both leaned in and kissed each other. It was loving and gentle, Sinclair putting his fingers on your thigh and gently stroking your skin. "It's been a pleasure to know you so far" Sinclair said, threading his fingers through your hair. "I can't wait for us to develop our relationship even further"

"Neither can I" you said, smiling at Sinclair. You kissed again, this time the kiss was more passionate and hard, Sinclair carried on stroking your hair and you put your hands on his chest, feeling his chest rise and fall.

"It's almost Chinese food time" he suddenly said, letting go of your lips. "As much as I love kissing you" he said. "We must pick up my second love"

"I feel kind of jealous" you said, indicating out into the round and going back the way you came.

"Don't be darling" he said. "Soon it will be gone"

You giggled as you drove back along the lane and stopped in front of the shop. Sinclair kissed your head and jumped out of the car, only to return with two bags and put them in the back.

"Full steam ahead captain!" he declared and you laughed, pulling out into the road and driving down the hill toward the house. You got to a roundabout and pulled out but had to break as a car on your left came out. You quickly put on the breaks, your heart in your throat as the car whizzed off past you, narrowly hitting the front of Sinclair's beautiful car.

Sinclair frowned and put his hand on yours which was holding the driving wheel tight. "That wasn't your fault" he said.

"No" you agreed. "It was just really close"

"It was very close darling, well done your quick senses" Sinclair praised.

You nodded and drove the short way back to the house and parked.

Sinclair got out, picking up the bags while you took the key out and gave it to him.

"Thank you darling" he said and unlocked the door. He went upstairs and you followed, half jumping to not hurt your foot. Sinclair got on the bed and placed two flat wooden trays out which allowed him to put the food on.

"Shredded beef" he said, waving it. "Duck pancakes, King prawn curry, rice, prawn crackers, cooked squid, spring rolls." he declared. "Oh go and pick a vhs" he said.

"As long as you don't eat everything while my back is turned."

"Why in the world would I do that?" he asked. "And anyway I need to get plates, wine and utensils. So you had better not eat everything" he winked and got up from the bed, flinging his shoes off as he left.

You looked at his collection and grinned at the amount he had. You thought, going through them one by one until you found one which spoke to you. You picked it up and put it in the TV, the tune of ghostbusters filled the room and you hopped onto the bed. You picked up a prawn cracker and ate it.

After a short while, Sinclair returned and placed the things on the bed. He smirked. "Marvellous choice love" he said, pouring the wine and sitting next to you on the bed.

"I try my best" you said and he grinned, handing you a plate"

"Your turn to press play" you said.

"So it is" he said, getting up and pressing the button on the TV. Together you sat and watched ghostbusters while shovelling the food into your mouth. It was delicious and with Sinclair next to you it made the entire experience even better. You relaxed, not a care in the world, enjoying the movie and Sinclair pointing out facts and easter eggs to you.

"I am thinking" Sinclair in the middle of the movie. "I am having a picnic with some of my family, would you like to come?"

"I would love to," you said.

"It would be next Saturday at lunchtime," he said. "The weather seems adequate"

"Thank you Sinclar" you said, kissing his cheek.

"For what?" he asked.

"For loving me" you said.

"I thank you for loving me also" he said. He kissed your cheek back and you both went back to watching ghostbusters, both hearts fluttered and beat in happiness and love.