Chapter 5

Sinclair hasn't phoned you for the rest of the day and the next day until the evening when you had a phone call. You were cooking your dinner when you heard the phone ring so you put a lid over the pasta you were cooking and picked it up. "Hello?" you asked.

"(y/n)" Sinclair said. "Its Sinclair"

"Hey" you said with a smile.

"I have great news and I don't have anyone else to tell it to" Sinclair said.

"What is this great news?" you asked.

"My deal went through" he said, you could tell he was happy

"I am so happy for you" you said with a grin.

"It means that I am working with a large company for the next two years who will pay me double what I am worth, and to be frank with you (y/n), I am worth a lot of money" he chuckled.

"I am so glad that it worked out" you said with a smile. You finished the pasta and put it onto a plate.

"So are you still okay for Saturday?" he asked.

You made a nose as you started to eat the pasta.

"Good" he said and smirked. "Well I had better get home, I will put you on the loudspeaker as I drive".

You talked about random things for some time. Sinclair had managed to get home and started cooking his own meal. Sinclair loved to talk and you just listened to his voice as he chatted on, talking about his work, his house which seemed amazing, his hobbies which included reading, eating, talking, listening to music and growing plants. You learnt his favourite plant was a snake plant and Lillies and he had whole paragraphs of reasons why.

Turns out you and he had been talking for over two hours, you had laughed, chatted and just kept each other company.

"I had better go" you mumble. "It is 9 and we are seeing each other tomorrow"

"Oh" Sinclair said. "Yeah that fine, I will pick you up at 11 am"

"Awesome" you said and put the phone down. It was almost flat and you plugged it in. You headed toward your bed and flopped into it, enjoying its warmth. You were excited for tomorrow, Sinclair had described where he lived and the area around so you were excited to see how beautiful it was.

Tucking yourself in you fell asleep, Sinclair on your mind.