Chapter 14

You woke Sinclair when you had your lunch break. He had slept for a while and you found it cute, his head was at an angle and he was slumped over slightly, his tea safely in his hands. You poked him and he made a noise and opened his eyes. "What?" he asked, stretching and batting the tea out of his hands, it fell on the rug and you put your head in your hands.

"Oh god" he muttered. He stood and went over to find a cloth and dabbed at the tea stain now on the carpet. "I am so sorry" he kept saying

"It's fine" you said. "No harm done"Sinclair smiled and finished cleaning the carpet, putting the cloth on the side and sitting back down. "It's my lunch break" you said.

"Is it now?" he asked. "Ohh well, what should we get?" he asked.

"I have microwave pizzas" you said.

"Sounds good" he said.

Together you got up and you took the pizzas out of the fridge. Sinclair meanwhile peered at your microwave.

"I will use the oven" you said, placing them onto trays and setting the oven to a certain temperature.

"What music have you got?" he suddenly asked. You walked out of the kitchen and walked toward your cupboard with your music and films. Sinclair looked over the mostly classical music and picked out a certain Cassette tape and walked toward your radio, pressing play to listen to Butterworth start playing. It was the disk that included his Shropshire lad and his 11 folk songs.

(Butterworth is pro, god the thought he died so young makes me cry, the fact he was only 31 and died in the Somme, he created such beautiful music. He could have written so much more. :(

You smiled as Sinclair pranced around and back into the kitchen. "It's awful" he said, leaning on the door frame. "The man died too early, he was only 31 when he died in the Somme" Sinclair teared up slightly. "His music is like sugar" he said. "It reminds me of home" he looked absentmindedly, listening to the music.

"I have sung this before" you said. Sinclair looked at you, his eyes wide. "Of course I changed its key but yes"

"A musician" he said, he grinned. "I must have a concert Ms (y/n)" he said. "The local village does a music competition"

"I haven't sung for a while" you said. "I just never had time. I used to want to be one, but that dream was crushed." You laughed.

"You should enter" he said, "I will be your biggest supporter"

"You haven't even heard my singing yet, for all you know I could be awful" you said.

"You could be" he said. "But any sweet noises which you give out is a symphony in itself" he said.

You laughed and kissed him gently. "Even my snores?" you asked, letting go of his lips"

"Even your snores" he said, holding your cheek.

"You're so funny" you said.

"And you are so beautiful" he answered.

You held each other for a moment, is my team ploughing? tune washing over you both. You stroked Sinclair's chest as he rested his chin on your shoulder. The song ended and the 11 folk songs started which was much more merry. Sinclair rocked you back and forward in his arms to the beat, his head still on your shoulder. It was sweet, you and him standing in the middle of the room, holding each other while the music washed over you.

There was suddenly a ping and the moment was gone. Sinclair had let go and walked to the kitchen, taking the pizza out and cutting it in half. He picked up his half and started to eat the large slice. You laughed. "Are you going to cut it again?" you asked.

Sinclair shrugged and ripped the half again to another half, placing it down on the cooking tray. You took your own slice and cut it in half, taking a slice and eating it slowly, it tasted off and musty

"For frozen pizza" Sinclair said. "This is pretty awful"

"It is" you said, placing your slice back on the tray and going over to the box. "It went out of date two years ago" you said, going white.

"Oh" he said, swallowing his mouthful and taking another bite.

"Don't eat more of it!" you said. Sinclair put it down and you sighed, going and looking in the freezer. "God I am sorry Sinclair, didn't mean to almost poison you"

"It's quite alright" he said. "Means I don't need to go to the meeting tomorrow"

"Also means you can't spend time with me" you said.

"That is a good point" he said. You sighed and put the rest of the pizza in the bin. "Goodbye forever pizza" you said and sighed,

Sinclair waves in the bin and you smiled. "Why don't I go out for some pizza and I come back and deliver it to you as you work?"

"Sounds good to me" you said.

"Then I will go" he kissed your head and patted it. "I'll be back soon."

Sinclair walked out and you sat down and started your work again. Sinclair made you smile. He was so wonderful in so many ways, although you had only been together as a couple for three days, you felt you had a deep connection with him. You could feel like you could tell him everything and you thought he felt comfortable with him telling you. You grinned and looked at the screen without seeing it, thinking of Sinclair. Snapping out of your haze you started again on your work.

After an hour you heard the door open and Sinclair walked in. He flashed you a smile, he had bags in his hands. He looked like he had been on a shopping spree. You turned around on the seat and looked at him as he sat down and a smile on his face. He went into the bag and delved around, picking up a thing wrapped in paper, he threw it to you. You raised your eyebrows and opened it slowly. It was the pyjamas Sinclair wore, you grinned. "I told you I would buy you them" he said.

"Thank you" you said. He took from a bag a pizza box and handed it to you. Half of it had gone but it was still warm and you ate it as Sinclair dug out of the bag some other things. He waved Four weddings and a funeral in front of you and also the Lion king. "I thought of some more movies" he said.

"Did you go on a shopping spree?" you asked.

"I couldn't help it" he said. "I saw the pyjamas then I saw movies" he pouted slightly as he pulled out of the bag and gave to you a thick dressing gown.

"For me?" you asked, feeling the softness of the beautiful material.

"No" Sinclair said, rolling his eyes. "It's for the grandfather clock-of course, it's for you"

"Thank you" you said, pulling the fluffy gown onto you, you were immediately enveloped into warmth and you grinned, snuggling into it.

"You like it?" he asked, taking random sweets out of the bag.

"I do a lot" you said.

"I am so glad" he said. "You want to go out tonight?" He asked suddenly.

"To do what?" you asked.

"Well I saw Shawshank Redemption was released" he said. "I read the book"

"So did I" you said.

"Should we go?" he asked.

"I see why not" you said.

"7" he said, you smiled at him and snuggled into the dressing gown. "But unfortunately" he said. "You cannot wear the dressing gown to the theatre"

"No I can't" you said sadly "Such a shame"

Sinclair smirked and stood up, ruffling your hair. "More tea to go with your work princess?" he asked.

You nodded and he wandered off into the kitchen, swinging around the door frame and turned the kitchen. You smirked and went back to your work, excited for tonight.