Chapter 6

You woke with knocks on your door and you got up from the bed groggily, opening the door you did not realise you were wearing your PJs and stood face to face with Sinclair who wore baggy clothes, very unlike his figure-hugging suits.

"(y/n)!" he said with a smile.

"Oh Sinclair" you said. "I must have overslept. Come in"

"I sleep in a lot, don't worry" Sinclair said, chuckling and following you into your flat. "I love just sitting around in Pyjamas," he chuckled.

You grinned and went into your room to get dressed in comfortable clothes and left your room. Sinclair was investigating your collection of movies and smiled at you. "This is a good one" he said smiling, picking up some like it hot from the shelf.

"yep" you said with a smile, picking your bag up.

"You ready to go now?" he asked, smirking.

You rolled your eyes and followed Sinclair out and to his car. Sitting in the seat he drove out of London and into the suburbs. It was beautiful and green as you followed the Thames. Around twenty minutes past where you were just chatting about the countryside when he pulled up into a driveway of a large house. You gazed at it in shock. You knew he was rich, but this rich? You got out of the car and Sinclair chuckled. "I guess you like it" he said

"Like it?" you ask. "I love it. "My god it's beautiful"

Sinclair grinned and grabbed your hand, pulling you toward the house and in through the entrance. He toured every room, showing you each part and explaining different things about them. Each room was stunning and you could not help falling in love with his beautiful house.

Soon his tour ended in a large conservatory, plants filled the room and in the centre was a long table. A door led out to a beautiful garden and a river at the bottom of it.

"So" he said, sitting on a sofa, his legs crossed. "What do you think?"

"I think you have the most wonderful house" you said dreamily. "Everything about it is just beautiful"

"You haven't seen the gardens yet" he said. "Why don't I get the kettle going and I can show you the gardens?" you grinned and quickly he rushed off into the kitchen. You grinned, the man had the energy of a labrador and definitely the appetite of one. After a short while he returned and together you went out into the garden like children, not a care in the world as you bounded together, hand in hand.

"Your house is just so marvellous" you said

"As marvellous as me?" he asked grinning.

"Hmmm," you said. Sinclair gave you puppy dog eyes and you grinned. "as much as I think this house is so perfect" you said. "You are far more" Sinclair grinned and sat down on the grass, watching the river. You sat with him and slowly his hand crept towards yours which supported you, you went red, feeling his hand resting on yours and you relaxed, the water and the cool breeze lulling you into happiness.

"I haven't been this relaxed" you said. "since, well. Since" you thought of your ex Hilary and you frowned. "If I must admit, since Hilary"

"Then it is my sole mission to make you even more relaxed" Sinclair said. He grasped your hand and picked you up. You giggled in delight as he carried you to the house and placed you down in the kitchen. The tea was boiled and Sinclair made two cups, putting one in front of you.

"Would you like some cake to go with that?" he asked, as you sipped the tea.

"What cake have you got?" you asked.

"now that is the type of question I like to hear" Sinclair exclaimed, going over to a cupboard. "I have Battenberg, coffee and walnut, chocolate." he made an ooh sound, taking out one. "oreo cake?"

"Oreo cake sounds wonderful" you said as Sinclair placed it down and took two large slices out of it. He placed them on plates and put two cake forks onto the side.

"I have the most wonderful baker" he said. "I am sure I spend half of my salary every month at his cafe" You made an mmm sound, the cake was delicious and beautifully made. Sinclair grinned. "Did I make a good choice?" he asked.

"Oh you did" you said with a grin.

You both finished the cake and drank the tea. "I have an idea" you said. Sinclair looked at you, curious and interested. "Well you said the baker was close right?"

"He is just over the river"

"Well we could have a walk there and back, treating ourselves for the exercise with more cake?"

"Inspired" he said. "Absolutely inspired"

"Great" you said, Sinclair finished his tea in a gulp and looked at you. You finished your tea quickly and he locked the doors before you and he started to walk along the river.

"Point to a tree" he suddenly said.

"Oh" you said, "hmmm. That one"

"Pedunculate Oak" he said, grinning.

"That one"

"English Whitebeam" Sinclair declared.

"That one" you said, pointing at Sinclair.

"That tree is a Sinclair" he said. "Very rare and grows in the south of England"

"Tell me more" you said grinning.

"Well it's not an old tree at all but its distinct thick trunk and large leaves make the Sinclair tree irresistible for people to create treehouses in it" Sinclair answered.

"And can I make a treehouse?" you asked.

"Depends if you have the landowners permission" he said, poking your nose

"And do I have the landowners permission?" you asked, poking him back in the hip.

"Hmm" Sinclair said. "The landowner has had people try to build tree houses in the Sinclair tree but all of them have broken in storms."

"I will tell you something special about the (y/n) tree then" you said.

"Go on" Sinclair answered.

"The (y/n) tree has had the same thing happen to her also so understands. So when I would build my treehouse, I would be careful and never leave it to be broken in a storm" you both stopped and Sinclair smiled timidly. "if you choose to create a treehouse in the (y/n) tree you need to also ask the landowners permission."

"Can I then write a formal letter to ask to build a treehouse with you?" he asked, coming closer to you.

"The post office is being slow" you said giggling, coming closer to him also, putting your hands on his chest.

"Damn the shoddy royal mail" he murmured.

"The landowner would be happy for you to build a treehouse" you said and immediately his lips were on yours. You melted into his gentle yet passionate kiss and you grinned into it.

"Good news" Sinclair said, letting go of your lips and grinning. "the landowner has also allowed you to build a treehouse in the Sinclair tree"

You kissed him and hugged his neck as Sinclair hugged your hips. "I think" you said after a number of kisses. "I think we should celebrate with cake"

"How about an afternoon tea?" he asked, taking your hand.

"Afternoon tea sounds awesome" you said and squeezed his hand.