Chapter 19

You woke up in Sinclair's arms in bed to a loud alarm, making you both groan and Sinclair reached over to turn it off before closing his eyes and relaxing into the bed again.

"Wakey wakey" you chided, starting to get out of bed only to be pulled back by Sinclair into his arms.

"5 more minutes if you please" he muttered in his morning voice.

"We both have work" you said, sighing.

"Work is work, but I prefer this lovely bed" he said.

"So do I, but work also keeps the rent" you said.

"I could pay for your rent" he muttered, letting you get out of his arms and move toward the cupboard and take out some clothes.

"You could but I do not need to rely on your charity" you called.

"It would not be charity" he complained.

"Hmm" you said, thinking about what to wear. "I don't want to be one of those boring people who just do nothing but sit in a house for the rest of my life Sinclair" you said.

"I know" he said, rolling out of bed and onto the hard floor, making him yelp in pain while you laughed.

"I am wounded (y/n)!" he called. "There is no time for giggling as your boyfriend is dying from his war wounds."

You laughed harder as Sinclair got into the balls of his feet and peered over the bed at you before ducking down again, then looking up. "What are you doing?" you asked, shaking your head slightly at what he was doing.

"I will be honest" he said, standing and flopping on the bed. "I have no idea" you laughed, shaking your head slightly at his behaviour and patting his golden hair. Immediately Sinclair jumped up and patted you on the head and ruffled it slightly.

"You are a crazy man," you said, poking him.

"Your crazy man" he corrected, going over to his suit and pulling it on.

"My crazy man" you repeated, throwing his tie to him.

"Correct" he said, winking.

You both finished getting dressed and just as you were reaching for the cereal Sinclair tutted. "I know a very quaint breakfast bar" he said. "My treat"

"It is always your treat" you said.

"I know" he said, walking toward the door as you followed him out to the car, locking the door behind you.

"Don't you have something better to do with your money than spending it on me?" you asked.

"If I do not spend it on you, then what can I spend it on?" he asked. "Buying things for just myself is boring, I prefer to share the moment with someone, especially one I love"

You went red and Sinclair smiled, "I could cook bacon on your flushed cheeks" he teased, turning into a side street.

You rolled your eyes as Sinclair chuckled at his joke, turning down another road.

"Have you ever been abroad?" he asked suddenly when he had stopped giggling.

"I haven't" you said.

"Such a shame" he said, pulling into a parking spot.

You shrugged as you hopped out and followed Sinclair to a small cafe. "Why do you ask?" you ask.

"No reason" he said, holding the door open for you and ordering things for you and him to take away. Sinclair insisted you didn't eat in the cafe, instead driving toward the Thames and telling you that you should look after the food, and not in your stomach.

You smiled as you watched Sinclair chuckle at his joke and notice how his hair was pushed back slightly. He was beautiful and you couldn't help watching him as he pulled into another spot, looking over the river to the other side of the city. "Now we can eat" he said, grinning then noticed you looking and cocked his head. "What?" he asked.

"Nothing" you said, picking out your food.

"Oh, well" Sinclair stuttered. "Now (y/n)" he said in a matter of fact way.

"Yeah?" you asked.

"I have a new deal when this one is over" he said, starting to eat. "It is in Spain. Now I wondered if you would join me" Your eyes widened slightly. "It is for a month so I understand if you could not for work restrictions"

"Fuck work" you said, grinning.

"That is the spirit love" he said, grinning.

"I have so much holiday, I never take it" you said, grinning at the thought of going to Spain with Sinclair.

"That is a happy coincidence" he said, taking some food in his mouth. "I guessing you are accepting my little proposition"

"Yes" you said, a grin permanently plastered to your face.

"I am so glad" he said. "I don't usually have people join me, Natalie never wanted to leave the country and I had none else to invite"

You both grinned maniacally at each other, both excited for Spain together.

After a short while, Sinclair started talking again. "We will be staying in Barcelona and on days which I have nothing on we can go to anywhere we please." he sighed in happiness and also from talking too fast. "I have always been interested in town crawling" he said, his eyes were lit up and he looked so happy, you also shared in his excitement as you took each other's hand and smiled together.

"I cannot wait" you said, squeezing his hand.

"Neither can I" Sinclair answered, kissing your hand and sighing. "This will be so much fun"

"It will be" you answered as you both settled and carried on eating, the thought of a holiday with each other still on your minds.