eight >>> before this

The door to the bathroom opens causing me to open my eyes and glance towards the door

The door to the bathroom opens causing me to open my eyes and glance towards the door. There my eyes are met with Alicia's. She stands in the doorway staring back at me and clenches her jaw.

"You didn't come to check on me," she said and I nodded.

"I figured you wanted to be alone," I respond and shrug. "Plus I know there's no way to escape from in there..." I let my voice trail pulling my eyes away from the girl and up to the ceiling putting my hands behind my head. I can hear Alicia walk towards me and around. I stay where I am laying on the ground keeping my eyes on the ceiling, but moments pass as shuffling from the bed occurs causing me to slightly look away from the ceiling spotting Alicia setting a pillow down and carrying a blanket.

"What are you doing? You should be in the bed resting," I say going to sit up but she holds up her hand stopping me. She doesn't say anything as she lays on the ground. Her face speaks for her screaming out in pain. Her eyes squeeze together and she bites her lip until she gets down on the ground placing the blanket over her. "Alicia-"

"I'm fine," she said cutting me off and turning on her side. I'm glad she wasn't just laying on the ground. Lucky for me when I went to bed last night I put a bunch of blankets down on the ground for it to be more comfortable.

"You really should be in the bed. It's more comfortable especially when you're in pain," I gently say as my eyes flick back and forth on her face but she shakes her head.

"I said I'm fine-" she pauses and lays her head on the pillow looking into my eyes. I lay down too and look to her but stay laying on my back.

"Sometimes we say we're fine when we're not really fine," I whisper and the girl looks away from my eyes for a brief moment. But I continue to look at her until she looks back up at me.

"Yeah well sometimes you have to say it or people like these here will take it and screw with you."

"I would never do that to you..." her eyes soften as do mine. I slowly tear my eyes away from her and look up to the ceiling. "I know...you have no reason to trust me. You don't know me and I don't really know you, but give me some time to figure out a play to get you out of here. If I can get them distracted it'll be easier and safer to get you out and to your own people."

"I trust you," Alicia whispers causing me to flick my eyes to her instantly. "What other option do I have?" I bite my lower lip and look away back to the ceiling.

"You could always hit me with a broken chair again," I suggest hearing a barely audible chuckle from the girl.

"Sorry." I shake my head.

"You don't have to apologize, I get it. I did sort of the same thing before."

"Wait what?" I bite my tongue and close my eyes. I didn't mean to say what I said. I usually try to keep stuff in about what's happened to me here but it just slipped out. How and why is behind me. But I remain silent for a long moment feeling Alicia's stare on me but it's soon interrupted by her stomach growling. I jolt up and glance down to her.