sixteen >>> gunfire

A couple knocks appear at the door causing my eyes to linger open

A couple knocks appear at the door causing my eyes to linger open. I gently glance down to Alicia who's fast asleep. Her head lays on my chest with the blanket wrapped around her. A low sigh escapes my lips as I gently go to get up, making sure I don't wake her. I put my arm underneath her head and gently place her head down on the pillows before slipping completely out of the bed. Quickly as more knocks appear at the door I grab a hold of the knob and twist it to be met with Ryan's eyes.

"Hey," I say, in a hushed voice. He gives me a small smile and holds out the stuff in his hands. I nod and reach forward taking a hold of the extra pillows and blankets while taking a step back. He walks into the room with a tub full of stuff. As we both get in I shut the door and turn around seeing Ryan glance to Alicia before walking over to the table and setting down the tub. I on the other hand walk over to the bed and gently place down the pillows and blankets, but keep a hold of one of the blankets while walking around the bed and opening it up. Once it's open I lay it over top of Alicia, a small smile creeping to my lips.

"I haven't seen you this delicate with someone since Josie," Ryan whispered when I backed up and walked towards him. I shrug and look to Ryan briefly before looking down into the tub.

"Different people, different stories," I say gently while looking through everything he's brought. "How's it looking out there?"

"Rough," Ryan replies shrugging from what I can tell from the corner of my eye. "Some of the guards at Gate B and C had some trouble with some walkers but other than that it looks like we'll just have some storm damage we're going to need to repair." I nod my head up and down slowly as I find the medicine I'm looking for. I take it out and set it on the table, glancing over my shoulder and to Alicia. I bite the side of my lip and tear my eyes away not wanting to wake her up.

"I'll help when the storm's over," I say to Ryan.

"No, you should stay here with her."

"Ryan-" I turn facing Ryan as he shakes his head.

"Seriously Y/N. She needs you and if Lewis comes back tomorrow, it's best if you just stay here."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I tilt my head to the side, while watching Ryan's eyes switch back and forth between my own. He shakes his head moments later.

"I overheard Bobby telling some of the guys that he plans on telling Lewis what happened, but even if he doesn't, Bobby's face is screwed up to the point Lewis would already know." I shut my eyes and shake my head.

"Damn it-" I drop my head for a second when a light bulb goes off. Quickly I pick up my head and look to Ryan. "Help us out of here then."

"What? Y/N you can't be serious."

"I'm dead serious Ryan. I guarantee when Lewis gets back I'm going to get it worse than what I did to Bobby. I can't let anything happen to Alicia-" I pause a second my eyes flicking to the girl then back. "Please Ryan. Help us get out. Hell you can come too."