twenty-five >>> under water

Slowly my eyes open, but my vision goes in and out

Slowly my eyes open, but my vision goes in and out. I felt myself being dragged. A person on either side of me. The ground below me looked like cement and there was dim lighting above me. It wasn't till I felt myself taken and my arms raised above my head that I let my eyes close for a moment.

I could feel hands lock my wrists in handcuffs. I shake my head slowly trying to remember what the hell happened and how I got here. It takes me a moment, my mind rolling and rolling before I finally remember being ambushed by two guys. I don't know who they are but when I no longer feel their hands and I'm just hanging there that's when I open my eyes.

"Thank you boys," a familiar voice speaks. I pick up my head and look to the door finding the two guys who grabbed me standing on either side with their arms crossed in front of them like bodyguards. And then after looking at them I see a person I was hoping would be dead. The one person I was hoping had gotten killed but our eyes lock and I drop my head.

"Why couldn't you just die?" I ask, moving my fingers to grab a hold of the chain that holds my arms up above my head. Footsteps are heard coming towards me and within seconds I see shoes below me. He grabs a hold of my jaw, tightly and lifts up my head. From there our eyes lock and I hold nothing but anger towards him while looking back and forth between his eyes.

"Oh you're going to be wishing that you would have died the moment you were brought here my dear niece," Lewis speaks a smirk dangling on his lips as his eyes look back and forth between my own. He drops his hand from my face and I shake my head. "You know I've been watching you. Well okay, I lost you after that group had taken you but it didn't take me long for me to find you again."

"Why did you want to?" I ask, looking to the ground. "I mean you always told me I was a waste. Thought me getting taken would have made you happy."

"You're right. It did but at the same time it pissed me off when I realized you became one of them." I shake my head picking up my head and looking to the man. He's walked over to the walk and leans against it, crossing his arms over his chest. "You looked very happy with that girl. Almost as if it was you and Josie-"

"Don't you dare!" I shout cutting him off and trying to go at him, but the restraints restrict me from doing so. A chuckle escapes his lips as I look to him, anger in my eyes.

"Good to know that she still means something. So sorry though about your loss."

"It wouldn't be a loss if you weren't such a fucking psycho!" I shout. The man nods his head.

"Well that's a shame you say that-" He turns his head looking to the two guys, nodding his head. My eyes flick to the guys as they exit the room leaving the door open. I clench my jaw before hearing someone struggling. Within moments the two guys come back in with Alicia.

"No..." I breathe out shaking my head as she struggles within their grip. They held her hands behind her back. "Lewis, let her go!"

"You see I can't Y/N-" Lewis pauses pushing himself up from the wall. I shake my head and look back to Alicia who's eyes are already on me. Our eyes lock and I clench my jaw, but neither of us say anything to one another as Lewis steps in between the two of us. "Hm, now that's interesting."

"What is?" Alicia and I both ask, causing Lewis' lips to inch into a big smirk turning his head back and forth between the two of us.

"The two of you are very interesting," Lewis responds turning his head to Alicia. "Boys, let's go with the original plan." The two boys nod from what I can see and begin to take Alicia over to some part of the room. My eyes follow and look past them to see a tub. I tilt my head and begin struggling with the restraints while keeping my eyes on Alicia.

"What are you doing Lewis?" I ask, raising my voice. A chuckle escapes the man's throat as the two guys get Alicia down on her knees. She tries to fight back but they were stronger than her by a long shot. They keeps her hands behind her back as one of them keeps their hand on the back of her head, leaning her over the tub. Thats when the lightbulb in my head clicks and I shake my head panicking. "Lewis! No! Do it to me! Not her!"

"But you already know this torture device my dear! I don't think it'd be fair to leave little Alicia out now would it?" Lewis says, that menacing grin creeping into his lips. I shake my head.

"Just do it to me! She hasn't done anything Lewis!"

"Hasn't done anything? My dear niece how naive are you?" I flick my eyes to him then back to Alicia who knows what's going through her head. All I could see was her fighting back. "Shes done more than you know and trust me this pains me, but a lesson needs to be learned. Do it!" He turns his head to the boys as they nod.

"NO!" I scream just as the two boys swiftly put Alicia's head under water. "LEWIS MAKE THEM STOP! LEWIS!" I keep shouting, moving in every way, shape and form I could seeing Alicia struggling to get air and to get out of the water. After a second longer they briefly pull Alicia's head up and she stops struggling. Her breathes are hard and long, trying to catch it. I shake my head and wrap my fingers around the chain again tugging at them.

"Again boys," Lewis says and just like that they place Alicia back under. I shut my eyes and drop my head. The splashing of the water told me Alicia was still fighting, which was good but this was messed up. "Boys stop." The water splashing stops and I gently pick up my head, looking to Alicia who's hands were on the side of the tub. She was benched over and her head was dropped.

"What do you want Lewis?" I ask, tearing my eyes from Alicia and to the horrible man. "You want praised? You want people to fear you? You want me to get down and beg for my life because I won't-"

"You will if it means saving that girl's life," Lewis says cutting me off. I bite down on my bottom lip harshly, avoiding to look at the girl. "I know you'll do anything for her Y/N, but I'm still trying to understand why you left her on that farm." I remain silent keeping my eyes on the man. He places his hands behind his back and tilts his head looking at me. "Why'd you do it Y/N, hm?"

"Why does it matter?" I question.

"Well you obviously did it for a reason and I'd really love to know, or I could have my boys do a little bit more dunking-" By the time he finishes his sentence I heard a yelp followed by the water splashing once more. My eyes quickly flick to Alicia seeing her back under. I close my eyes and look away shaking my head.

"Okay! Okay, I'll tell you!" I shout over the loud noise. I look to my uncle and he tilts his head to the side, the boys still not letting up. "LET HER UP! You're going to kill her!"

"No that'd be you dear," Lewis responds still not telling the boys. I clench my jaw and shake my head again looking back and forth between Lewis and Alicia.

"God damn it- I did for her! I did because if I stayed I thought you'd kill everyone there!" I shout and that's when Lewis nods, glancing over his shoulder. My eyes flick to Alicia as the two boys pick her up out of the water. She was getting weaker. Her coughing fills the room and bounces off of the walls. I look away and to the ground feel tears rising in them.

"See that wasn't so hard now was it?" I remain silent and hear my uncle turn towards the direction of the boys and Alicia. "Get her tied up." Immediately there's shuffling of feet. I pick up my head to see the two boys drag Alicia over to where Lewis stood. He was several feet away from me and when the boys got to where he was he walked over to me and stood in front of me, our eyes locking briefly. However I look past him and to Alicia seeing them handcuffing her hands together and then attaching them to a chain before pulling them up so she was hanging around like I was.

"Just so you know niece, just because you get that farm doesn't mean I wouldn't of killed them-" Lewis pauses as I look back to him giving him a cold hard glare. But a grin was planted on his own lips. "You leaving just made me wonder and question what your motives were. But now that I know I may as well go make a trip."

"Lewis-" I say as he starts backing up and turns. I try to go after him but I knew that I couldn't. My eyes watch as he and the boys had to the exit. "LEWIS DON'T HURT THEM! THEY'RE GOOD PEOPLE!"

He stops in the doorway after the two boys had exited. He glances over his shoulder and locks our eyes briefly. A smirk dances on his lips. "All the more reason to do it," he says before turning his head around and walking out.