twenty-four >>> chains

"I wanted to stay Alicia! Trust me I did!" I shout finally keeping my hands up

"I wanted to stay Alicia! Trust me I did!" I shout finally keeping my hands up. "But I had to go! To protect you! I want nothing but your safety which I couldn't provide for you! I was putting not only you but your mother and your brother and that farm in jeopardy with me just being there! I was going to let anyone else die because of me! It wasn't going to happen, not now not ever!"

"So it all comes back to Josie?"

I clench my jaw and shake my head, looking away from Alicia. "I didn't say anything about Josie, Alicia. But I did get her killed back then. I wasn't, I'm not going to get someone I care about killed again."

"What if I don't care?"

I pick my head up and lock eyes with Alicia's once more while tilting my head to the side. "What?"

"What if I don't care? I didn't care back then not when I was with you. Nothing else mattered Y/N. If there's a possibility of me getting killed because I'm with you or near you or I'm associated with you then I'm more than okay with that risk."

"Well I'm not-" I lower my hands slowly. "How can you be okay with that? How could I be okay with that? If you're dead, there's nothing left for me Alicia. Life wouldn't be worth it anymore! I can't lose you!"

"It feels like you already lost me the day you decided to run..." Alicia lowers her gun shaking her head. Slowly she backs up and soon she's turning on her heels. My hands lower completely and I stay where I am. I knew I needed to stop her but I couldn't. It was better this way. She needed to go back to her brother, her mother. She was safer with them then anyone. So I stayed where I was watching her walk down the road, getting farther and farther away from me. I waited till I couldn't see her any longer that I bent down and grabbed my bag. Once I had it, I turned on my heels and headed in the opposite direction than Alicia. She had every right to be mad at me, she did. But she didn't get it. I left to protect her. I left because if I stayed her along with everyone there could possibly be killed. I did it out of love.

I shake my head and place my gun into my holster. Just as I do I hear a car approaching me. I glance over my shoulder just as the car stops ahead of me a bit. I stop walking squinting my eyes as two people got out and came at me. As soon as they did I tried to turn and run but felt both of them grab me. Every part of me starts struggling and I start shouting, "Let me go!" But as the words escape my lips I feel myself let go of by one of them, but the other dude grabs me just as fast. My eyes meet someone I wasn't too sure of who it was. Yet he had a stern look across his face as he pulled back his fist and punched me in the face. My head turns to the side but comes right back, only for me to get punched again and again. And once he stops punching my face after a couple more times I feel a hard hit to my stomach knocking the air from my lungs.

"Alright let's get her in," the guy holding me said, his voice not familiar. The guy who punched me picks up my legs and they carry me to the truck placing me in the back. Both of them get up in the trunk of the truck with me and bang on the hood. I lay on the ground opening and closing my eyes a minute and going to turn on my side when I feel a hand on my shoulder pinning me down. "Give her something."

"Yeah got it-" the other guy spoke as I felt something pinch my skin. After a second the dude pulls the syringe from my neck and I feel my eyes become heavy. They open and close repeatedly looking up to the sky before everything turns to darkness.

<<<<>>>>

Slowly my eyes open, but my vision goes in and out. I felt myself being dragged. A person on either side of me. The ground below me looked like cement and there was dim lighting above me. It wasn't till I felt myself taken and my arms raised above my head that I let my eyes close for a moment.

I could feel hands lock my wrists in handcuffs. I shake my head slowly trying to remember what the hell happened and how I got here. It takes me a moment, my mind rolling and rolling before I finally remember being ambushed by two guys. I don't know who they are but when I no longer feel their hands and I'm just hanging there that's when I open my eyes.

"Thank you boys," a familiar voice speaks. I pick up my head and look to the door finding the two guys who grabbed me standing on either side with their arms crossed in front of them like bodyguards. And then after looking at them I see a person I was hoping would be dead. The one person I was hoping had gotten killed but our eyes lock and I drop my head.

"Why couldn't you just die?" I ask, moving my fingers to grab a hold of the chain that holds my arms up above my head. Footsteps are heard coming towards me and within seconds I see shoes below me. He grabs a hold of my jaw, tightly and lifts up my head. From there our eyes lock and I hold nothing but anger towards him while looking back and forth between his eyes.

"Oh you're going to be wishing that you would have died the moment you were brought here my dear niece," Lewis speaks a smirk dangling on his lips as his eyes look back and forth between my own.