twenty-nine >>> Run To You

"Damn," I hear from the man

"Damn," I hear from the man. I pick up my head from looking to the ground. He's been out for a while it feels like. But I guess that's better for me. I didn't really know what I was going to say to him, I still don't. But I guess now he's woken up I don't have a choice.

"How's it feel?" I ask, keeping myself leaned against the wall. Lewis' eyes flick to mine as he sits up.

"Oh hell no," the man chuckles shaking his head from side to side. "You know I thought you'd be long gone by now considering everything."

"Couldn't," I respond back, shrugging my shoulder while keeping my eyes on the man. Dried blood covered his lip and down his chin. Even coming from his nose. A black eye was forming and I didn't even feel bad that he looked that way. He deserves much worse.

"And why couldn't you my dear niece?" Lewis questions getting up to his feet. Once he does I pick up the gun Madison had given me. I was angry at the older woman for not giving Alicia the letter I left behind but glad she had given me the gun. I point the weapon at my uncle and see a smirk grow to his lips. "Now c'mon. Put that down."

"Put it down? Why would I do that?"

A chuckle escapes the man as he picks up his hands, in defense. "That's fair, I suppose."

"Suppose?" I tilt my head watching my uncle nod. "Hm, so let me ask. Did you suppose that killing Josie was fair? Did you suppose letting a 34 fucking year old man claiming a 16/17 year old was fair? Did you suppose that almost killing your niece was fair? Did you suppose that killing your family was fair? Killing my mother and father was fair? Did you suppose kidnapping Alicia was fair?"

"I do what I have to."

A laugh escapes my lips as I grip tighter onto the gun. "Did what you had to. That's rich. Really, really it is! But you didn't have to do any of it! But you did, even before the apocalypse. Why?"

"Because Y/N, it's thrilling-" The man pauses taking a step forward. I tense a bit, clenching my jaw but make sure the gun is pointed at him at all time. "You can't tell me that with every person we brought in you didn't feel a rush through your bones when there was someone new. You can't tell me that your first kill didn't make you satisfied-"

"I didn't want to kill her!" I shout cutting the man off. My uncle tilts his head to the side. "You made me! She was so young! I was 14!"

"Yeah, you were. She was 21, but she went against the rules Y/N. Rules that are broken must be dealt with."

"By murder?" I shout shaking my head. "You should have been arrested! You killed my parents because they tried to turn you in!"