[EIGHT]

•••••••••••••
|chapter eight|
•••••••••••••

"y/n
you have to be joking, yeah?" tubbo piped up as soon as the female announced she'd be taking tommy's place in the duel. the whole group knew that the trigger of arrows would happen at some point, they just didn't know who would partake in it until now.

the rest were silent after that, fundy didn't dare to speak, it wasn't his place too. he wouldn't have anything to say anyways. fundy had always looked up to y/n for her impulsiveness to jump in at any moment in order to help the people around her. and now, she had done it again.

"y/n, you're not being serious. this is my duel," tommy tried to argue but wilbur silenced him. he knew they would only bicker until one has won, and that would take hours considering how stubborn they both were. "she's older than you, Tommy. she had the choice on whether to take your place or not," their leaders voice rang out, slightly breaking with hesitation and anxiousness.

y/n nodded, she and wilbur both agreed mentally and with the look in their eyes that they couldn't let tommy risk his second life for this. they all knew he hated being called a kid, but in all seriousness, he was one.

no one in the group would be able to forgive themselves if they let a 16 year old risk their life just for the freedom of everyone else. especially when the group had someone with more of a skill set and older perspective who was willing to do it. tommy had his whole life ahead of him, and while y/n was not much older, she couldn't let him give that up.

"i will be taking your place in the duel, tommy. well, if dream agrees to the whole thing." tommy had a sour look on his face as he avoided eye contact with the female, deep down he knew this was going to happen. with their conversation last night, it was practically inevitable at that point.

"well... let's go, everyone else stay down here," wilbur spoke somberly as he lead y/n out from the little obsidian bunker.

the duo could see the dream team, punz, and to their disappointment, eret through the left over smoke cascading through the clouded air. wilbur and y/n took a precautionary step forward, when they saw the group didn't react they continued until stopping several feet away.

"we have a proposal," wilbur spoke before looking over at y/n with what the others could make out as a grimacing expression. "dream, i challenge you to a duel tomorrow at sunset."
y/n could see the men surrounding the male clad in green falter in surprise, yet dream stood tall without flinching.

"if i win, we gain lmanburgs independence entirely from the dream smp and are acknowledged as a independent country. if you win.. well that's up to you," she finished, feeling all eyes on here she almost cowered away instantly. it wasn't that she was scared, she just knew that now the duel was official. and there was no turning back.

dream stood silently for awhile, turning back to look at his friends and making hushed conversations. he finally faced the pair again, "i accept, my conditions are that if i win then you will tear down lmanburgs walls and join my smp once again."

y/n nodded, about to start heading back with wilbur before she was stopped by dream's low voice. "i wasn't done talking," he grumbled which made the two immediately turn back around. "y/n, you will live with me, george and sapnap. we will train you to become as skilled as them, and you'll fight alongside us if anything like this happens again."

the female could feel her eyes widen, she bit back her tongue and decided to only shake her head in agreement. she wasn't in a good place to be bargaining and making deals.

"i will see you at sunrise," dream chuckled as both groups began walking in opposite directions.

dream sighed, he peered over at eret who looked troubled. "thinking about it, you sort of did cause this." he then chuckled, "maybe you shouldn't have wanted to be king so badly."

the taller male couldn't do anything to rebuttal what the other was saying, mostly because it was true but he didn't want what conspired the previous night with him and sapnap to start with one of the most powerful men, and the owner of the dream smp.

"be prepared to watch your sister lose her second life, i don't plan on losing tomorrow."
~

okayy, so the last events of the dream smp vs l'manburg war will be in the next chapter! i will let the voting in chapter seven continue until i release the finale of the first war arc.
also i'm gonna be sort of reorganizing the book by adding section names, so if you get notifications that i'm posting a bunch chapters that's why (: