[THIRTEEN]

•••••••••••••
|chapter thirteen|
•••••••••••••

A
head covered in a mess of coco colored locks had risen quickly from the sound of his name being called. the familiar tone was also another indicator as to how erets' attention was caught so rapidly. their eyes traveled towards the bright green blob behind their sister, immediately realizing why she had signaled him out.

eret instinctively patted the empty seat next to him, his chocolate hues giving a knowing look towards dream. a subtle warning of if he didn't escort himself away quickly, there would be issues.

y/n let out a huff, mostly from relief but also a good portion was by stress. "thanks," her words were mumbled as she kept her gaze at her lap, finding the denim of her jeans but more interesting then the shock on her siblings face from her gratitude. y/n had already pictured what he looked like, taken aback by the carelessly thrown around appreciation she had given after he singly handedly betrayed not only her but every single one of their friends just for a higher up position in society.

before eret could say anything to give some form of commentary, the loud taps sounded from the mic in front of the hoard of civilians. "i wanted to have everyone's attention please!" wilburs voice drowned out the loud conversations the crowd was previously having. the current sight obviously more exciting than whatever they had been discussing one on one.

this was the first time y/n was able to get a good look at the podium, she saw her former leader at the mic with tommy by his side like always. her blank stare softened as she noticed how nervous the blonde was. but she knew that they would win, their running group had to. if they didn't then the war she lost her two lives to meant nothing, and if that meant nothing then she wasn't sure what she would do or how she would react.

maybe it would be like a chain reaction? like how if one of the tips of orange flames dance across a flammable surface or object, they easily catch and spread until it's no longer a solid and decreased to nothing more than a shriveled dust of soot.

wilbur soot. that's right, she had to pay attention. though the thought of having a lighter right there and then in the palm of her soft hand was more than tempting, she couldn't be kept in the dark any longer. y/n absolutely had to keep update to what was happening throughout the dream smp and l'manburg lands. she had missed too much in her absence of unconsciousness, she couldn't let that happen again.

"i will now announce the party with the least amount of votes, having them come in fourth place," his voice was smooth but y/n could pinpoint the slight cracks and subtle waves of a clear uneasy tone. she knew wil better than for him to be as completely calm as he was trying to portray.

fundy and nikki were announced, then it came to schlatt. she already knew fundy, though niki was a new name. schlatt she had realized and recognized as the creepy dude from yesterday. even the mere sight of his horned appearance sent shivers down her spine.

"now, the party coming in second place..." once the other name was said, y/n almost collapsed from relief. she didn't know who the guy was either, but she was still glad he didn't come out on top. the crowd was cheering, she was cheering and then she wasn't. she and everyone else had been silenced by who they thought was their new president.

"wait-" wilbur tried saying with a sigh, he rubbed his temples out of pure stress before continuing. "schlatt2020 and swag2020, their leaders schlatt and quackity made a formal deal that no matter the outcome they would pool their votes," as the older male continued y/n could hear the shock coming from tommy, his protests proving futile as they were shut down by wilburs exhausted and nervous look.

"meaning that schlatt2020 and swag2020, combined together, have won the election by the percentage of forty six."

her whole world crashed- what had happened? no, wilbur and tommy should've won. that wasn't fair, how could two outsiders who've never stepped foot inside these lands until a week or so ago just suddenly win l'manburg and become its rulers like they've fought for it with their lives.

"that's not fucking fair," y/n stood up, her expression plastered with confusion and anger. "n/n, sit down. please," wilbur said as he exited the stage due to schlatt's request. she wasn't going to listen obviously which made eret sit her back down in the seat again, he wouldn't let his sister act out on pure emotion; that would be irresponsible of him on his part of not protecting her like a older sibling should.

y/n shook her head in disbelief as she saw the pair of defeated past soldiers trudge to their own seats, coincidentally sitting behind her and eret. she wanted to look back and give them words of comfort, but she had nothing to say that could even console their guilted minds of just losing a country they had risked their entire beings for. instead, she kept her focus on the ram now smugly standing at the mic, his beanie wearing partner beside him like like wilbur and tommy had been positioned only minutes ago.

"well...that was pretty easy,"
~
i made a discord server, join if you want. link is also in bio 😃☝️
https://discord.gg/aPB4s4Vaxd