[ELEVEN]

•••••••••••••
|chapter eleven|
•••••••••••••

HER
heartbeat was loud. it was almost too loud as she felt it pulsing throughout her head, she was sure that if someone else came close they too would be able to hear it without needing to feel her pulse. she couldn't help it though, she hadn't seen her brother since the duel. and the time before that was during the final control room, the day he betrayed the entirety of l'manburg.

but eret didn't just betray his country, he completely destroyed any built trust between him and his younger sister. their bond dying instantly just like she had when he allowed her own friend and enemy to take her first life.

but here y/n was, the bright colors of the rainbow blasting in her face and the tall stone walls towering over her as she held a sollen expression. she went to turn to go, realizing she couldn't face him just yet.

"y/n?"

she halted, grimacing and regretting with her entire being on even thinking she'd be in the right headspace to see eret. y/n spun back to face the male, nodding towards him, "eret."

"what are you doing here?" eret sounded confused, almost borderline concerned on why she even wanted to be around him after the war. he had fully expected y/n to erase him from her life, no memories whether they were good or not would be sparred. and eret wouldn't blame y/n at all if that was the case, so seeing her with a nerve-racked face made him unsteady.

"you allowed my first life to be taken, my death was not only by sapnap's hands by also yours." y/n wasn't sure where she was going with the conversation, but since she was here she mine as well get off the stress clouding her chest.
"y/n-" eret was cut off quickly by the female raising her hand, "let me speak."

the male could only nod with a sigh. "but you're still my brother, and while that makes it worse that my own blood betrayed me, i still love you." her gaze was kept on him the entire time she spoke, not once breaking the direct and intense eye contact she held. "i need you in my life whether i want to admit it or not, i cant go years without seeing you again. that's just unfair on my side that you get to hurt me and our friends then leave me," y/n's voice raised.

"i need you eret," she frowned, seeing her brothers eyebrows crease. slowly but surely, the brunette opened his arms, this allowed y/n to rush forward and get engulfed into a warming sibling hug. a weight felt as if it was lifted from her body, it was much lighter.

they pulled away, giving eachother knowing looks and nodding. not another word was spoken as y/n left, no longer feeling the need to turn back and say any more. she had gotten everything out, trust would be built again and all would be back to normal soon. or at least she hoped it would.

her day got a bit more interesting when she knocked right into someone else. half-expecting it to be someone she knew, y/n was surprised to see a man with horns. she guessed he was part goat? y/n honestly didn't have a clue.

"you should watch where you're going," his voice was gruff and smug. it made her want to spit back some kind of insult for some reason, but she held back. "mhm, sorry bout that," y/n said instead, a frown dawning across her rosy lips.

"you're y/n i'm guessing?" the female furrowed her brows at his question and statement combination. "uh yeah, how'd you know?" y/n wasn't sure how she felt about the new presence, but it was definitely not anything good. she knew it was either an uneasy sensation or just pure dread.

"wilbur had to leave our election planning meeting early to take his shift on watching you, i've also heard stories of the past war from fundy," the male was nonchalant. him knowing so much sent y/n over the edge, something didn't feel right. she was beginning to see a pattern, she felt this exact way when eret was showing them the final control room.

y/n was brought out of her thoughts by the other, "you're very important in different ways to the people of the land. i'll be keeping that in mind." the last part was mumbled by his smirk, a hinting accent in his tone. placing his arm on y/n shoulder before leaving, he said one last thing that would probably haunt the female forever.

"i would enjoy yourself today, y/n, see you tomorrow."
~