[FOURTEEN]

•••••••••••••
|chapter fourteen|
•••••••••••••

SHE
couldn't tell if it was just a random taste of metallic in her mouth left over from the small dinner she had the previous night or if it was just the blood pooling around her lower gums from how hard her canines were gnawing into the females poor, rosy lips.

whatever it was, she was too bothered to check, instead y/n kept her eyes on the- it was hard to even say it in her head, the new president. she didn't want to let that thought ring through her mind. it was utter turmoil in there already from tommys hand subconsciously gripping onto her shoulder out of what she guessed was pure fear and confusion.

y/n didn't have the heart to tell the boy that the hold, which only grew stronger with each syllable of schlatt's dialect, was beginning to bruise and taint her already scarred skin. she had promised tommy the night before the duel that she'd protect him and everyone else, and she planned on keeping that. so if it met getting a few splotches of dark purple and blue liter on her shoulder in order to show whatever reassurance she could to her friend, she would do it without a single falter in her heart nor any hesitation that resonated in her warm bones.

"as my first decree of president!" this was what caught y/n's attention, she already didn't like where this was going. "i revoke the citizenship of wilbur soot-"

no that didn't make sense, none of this did. how could the ram have the right to strip the newly formed and independent nation of their old leader, the one that helped guide them through it all. it wasn't justified at all. the sinking feeling only continued when schlatt hadn't missed a beat in his sentence, that meant he had more.

"and tommy innit!" if someone asked y/n what happened next during that dreadful day, she would definitely be stumbling over her words while trying to recollect the overwhelming events.

she would first tell them how tommy didn't let go of her until the older brunette had to pull him away in order to successfully flee the scene. she would then describe the screams of shock shaking her core when her e/c orbs caught sight of an arrow lodging into wil's shoulder. after that, it was numb.

the next few actions were like a blur of struggle and rage. her and tubbo were called up to the stage, she didn't want to follow any orders given but was forced to by punz. schlatt told the young teenager, who she could now see shared similar features to him in the midst of trying to distract herself, to 'show tommyinnit the door'.

y/n was too distraught to process what his words meant until she was forced to listen to him boss her around as well. "you will be my right hand woman, alongside tubbo."

she remembered yelling, basically verbally assaulting schlatt to the point she got herself detained by cuffs and thrown into a separate room in the white house.

that was her current predicament. it had been two days of complete solitude ever since the incident. there were only brief interactions when quackity would bring her food and try to crack jokes in order to cheer her up. it never worked, but that didn't seem to stop him.

the eerie sound of y/n's locked and bounded door opening made her look up with curious eyes, she had already been given her daily tray of lunch which consisted of a raw potato and some poorly made steak; she didn't eat any of it of course.

at the sight of horns, she instantly rose from her spot on the thin mattress that lay uncomfortably against the wooden floor. she lunged for the older as soon as he entered the room, she was obviously on a higher skill set than him meaning she possessed more knowledge of fighting, potions, hand to hand combat, etcetera.

but from not eating for two days, maybe more; she had honestly forgot to count and keep track. her body had failed her, she stumbled only to be caught and pushed back onto the ground. "know your place you dumb broad," his voice was smooth and low, it sent spikes of frustration through her shaking body.

"i'm letting you out now," schlatt only chuckled at the confused look that had plastered across the females face. "only on one condition though, you must become my right hand woman, stay by my side as an assistant, and live in the white house alongside me, my vice president, and right hand man."

y/n barely paid attention to whatever else he said, the only things that mattered was that she would be allowed freedom even if it was limited. she missed the fresh air and how the sun shone against her face. it had been a while since she was able to listen to the bees that always seemed to hang around l'manburg buzz.

"do you agree to it or not shithead?" jschlatt was growing impatient, the distant look on
y/n's face made him want to leave her in there for longer. but he held back his annoyance.

"yeah yeah, whatever i agree." and with those final, quick arrangements the taller of the pair had left. y/n rejoiced in the sweet bliss of comfortable silence now that she knew she could burst out of the building at any moment she wanted without any repercussions.

so that's exactly what she did. her h/c locks bounced, slightly tangled and a bit greasy from her not being able to properly take any showers. they had only allowed her so much time in the bathroom, and washing her hair would take up too many of the minutes she was provided with.

as soon as she slammed opened the large doors and rushed forward with only the look of entirely serotonin, she had felt herself collide with a broad, solid object. tripping backwards, a familiar grip made its way to her waist and wrist. when the enticing view of raven tuffs was caught by her e/c orbs she wasn't sure if she should be relieved at the fact she bumped into someone she knew or not.

"slow down- you almost tripped there, princess."
~