[ONE]

(if you hadn't read the info before this chapter i wanted to just remind or make notice to you all that most events are going to be out of order or maybe completely different!)

•••••••••••••
|chapter one|
•••••••••••••

THE
sun shone through the crack of y/n's window. the hues of orange and yellow stirred the female awake. she sat up a moment later, immediately stretching and letting out a soft grunt while doing so. y/n swung her legs over the side of her bed, instantly popping up with a deprived straight lipped expression.

she was sure her hair looked like a birds nest; confirming her thought a second later when looking into her mirror. she frowned, knowing that it would be a struggle to maintain it into looking presentable. after all, today was going to be an eventful one for what she's planned for herself.

she would be stealing one of sapnap's many lighters from his home, and going to burn some of the forest; the girl was all about fire and watching things shrivel to ashes. of course, she had told tommy about her plan during their little hangout in the previous day. the equally loud male had cheered her on before disappearing to bother wilbur.

speaking of lanky brunette, she knew her leader and mentor would not be happy. especially since their newly formed country had gained a lot of attention from dream and his members. but the feedback wasn't all so good. wilbur had told them a few days back that he was assuming there would be a war between the two sides sometime soon.

but that didn't really stop y/n. she obviously cared for everyone, including her older brother, eret, yet her urge to cause a tiny bit of destruction brought her to her current state of entering sapnaps house.

y/n dropped to her knees in front of one of his many chests. she was cautious to open them, hearing him and george chatting upstairs. one wrong move would alert them of her arrival and theft. it wasn't exactly a rule, but she was sure they wouldn't exactly want her on their land at the moment anyways.

her eyes lit up after a few minutes of searching, a newly crafted flint and steal rested in the palm of her right hand. she had found it at the perfect time as well, hearing the two boys upstairs starting to descend the staircase. y/n took this as her moment to skid out of there. accidentally leaving the door open during her departure.

"george did you leave my door open again?" sapnap huffed with annoyance at the slightly shorter male. of course george defended himself which resulted in a mini but quick argument of who had done it.

even though she had distanced herself quite a bit from the house, y/n could still hear george and sapnap bickering loudly. a quiet giggle emitted from herself as she played with the lighter. the flames almost burning her smooth skin a few times when she wasn't careful. she knew that she would need to be more agile once setting the fire, if not she could get hurt; and everyone would definitely know by the scars spreading across her body that it was indeed her who caused the spreading pyro.

hastily crouching down, she raised the lighter to one of the fallen leaves. the flames suddenly danced out of the contraption, igniting the leaf into a ball of heat. she quickly dropped it. the fire was small, yet it spread slowly onto the bark of the tree it had landed on. once the bark was lit up, everything else was quick to catch and explode into flames.

shades of red, orange, and yellow seemed to be waltzing around y/n as she stared in amazement. but the fire was getting too close, the heat becoming a bit unbearable no matter how much her entire being urged for it. she navigated through the burning trees, soot falling and sticking onto her skin and clothes. y/n had managed to not get any noticeable burns, only ones on her upper legs and arms after bumping into the trees.

yet the pain didn't register with her yet as she dove onto the familiar wooden path of the dream smp. a casual smile dawned across her face as if she hadn't just fucked up a whole forest. after getting a good distance away, she could hear the shouts of punz and karl. they were mainly confused but she noticed hints of displeasure. but y/n knew there wouldn't be any forms of accusations until maybe later if someone had seen her.

well at least she thought there wouldn't be until she noticed a certain trio outside the entrance of l'manburg. she had been blinded by her excitement to acknowledge them just standing there, having a serious conversation. her first thought was to walk through them, but she knew something was going on.

'maybe this is about the war?'

she ducked behind a tree, trying to listen in before dream had taken account there was a new presence amongst him and his friends. he had smelled the smokey scent from y/n, quickly figuring out who it was since the other pyromaniac in the smp was standing right next to him.

"y/n you can come out," she rolled her eyes, annoyed at how fast he could catch her. she stepped into the clearing, her hands in the pockets of her singed and patched up, dark brown trench coat that was similar to wilburs; he was the one who gave it to her so it didn't come as too much of a surprise it would somewhat resemble his own.

"looks like you got yourself into a bit of a hassle before arriving, princess." sapnap grinned, not putting together what had happened earlier just yet.

"anyways," dream sighed at his friends behavior. "deliver this message to your leader and we won't harm you." a smug smirk replaced his annoyed expression. "tell him that if we don't see white flags by the morning, we won't hesitate to burn your little country to the ground and kill everyone inside it." he ended his statement off with a sweet smile from what y/n could tell with the lower sections of his face that wasn't covered.

y/n huffed, "no please or thanks? fine, whatever i'll delegieret your dumb messsge. night boys!" she was overly bitter at the fact she was chosen to be the little messenger. but atleast she hadn't lost a life yet.

the group had trailed back down the path, leaving y/n in a sour mood. she entered her country, the warmth and glowing lights illuminating the place she called home. immediately eret approached her singed frame, already noticing her sooted appearance and foul expression.

"what did you do now?" he let out a small groan, knowing his younger sister most likely started another fire to piss off the dream smp like she always did. what confused them was how she managed to always get away with it, but he never questioned that part.

"i need to speak with wilby," she smirked, completely disregarding his question. "you know he doesn't like it when you call him that, but he's in the van over there," eret responded with a defeated huff.

once again, y/n disappeared from his sight. her new assignment of relaying the message to wilbur was now her goal to complete. it had only taken her a few minutes, him asking questions for most of it, seemingly annoyed and stressed which didn't exactly come as a shock to her.

y/n was kicked out of the van to go get washed up, apparently the stench of smoke was a bit displeasing to people who got headaches easily. so of course she went to go bathe off the overwhelming smell before returning to her room in her and eret's small hut.

she grabbed a few pieces of bread and some water from the kitchen before heading into her room. finishing her meal, she decided to watch the stars from her small fire escape, turned into balcony, she had made, until she fell asleep. obviously, y/n drifted off outside. after all, she was never good at staying awake too late and her time management skills were pretty shit.

little did she know, a storm was brewing between the two countries over night and nothing she nor anyone else did could stop it.
~