[TWELVE]

•••••••••••••
|chapter twelve|
•••••••••••••

THERE
was a odd feeling in the air for y/n. like always, she couldn't shake off the gut urge that something bad would be happening. this exact notion had occurred countless times before when her entire self-being reacted like her whole world would be crashing in a matter of minutes; the final control room and her duel were the key points of its outcome when she hadn't listened to herself.

she didn't know why she couldn't just speak up about her instincts and tell someone, maybe get wilbur to help sort through whatever she was feeling. but y/n was never the type to learn her lesson or take the same advice she gave others.

she wore a light blue sweater that was tucked into her high-waisted and cuffed, mom jeans. a raven black belt with a circled buckle was strapped around her waist to accent her features along with white ankle high socks and some black converses. it was the perfect look to show her more casual side and finally let her soldier style relax, allowing y/n to not have to keep on her torn up l'manburg uniform. although she still kept a pin of her countries flag placed on the area above her heart to show her support.

the quiet sounds of her shoes hitting against the wooden planks as she walked along the prime pathway was all that rung through her ears alongside the annoying white noise that couldn't seem to just leave her alone. she hadn't heard the loud screaming of the two rambunctious teenagers behind her that just happened to be wanting to catch her attention.

"y/n!" tommy dragged out the last syllable of the girls name before crashing into her upper back. with the sudden weight against her; she had regained her senses, turning and raising her fist only to let her arm drop back down to her side with a huff once she realized it wasn't a stranger trying to attack her. "and you decided to do that for what?"

tubbo only shook his head with a sigh, he had originally tried to grab tommy so he couldn't get the chance to carry out his impulsive decision. but he was not able to react in time to latch onto the blondes lanky arm.

"are you heading to the election podium, y/n?" tubbo asked as he hurried to make his appearance next to the female while his friend stayed on y/n's other side. "i was on my way until toms decided to slow me down," she rolled her eyes, only smiling at the pair to show she wasn't actually upset. y/n had more important things to be anxious or on edge about, and that didn't include two sixteen year olds ruining her peaceful walk.

her wish of being able to think in depth for a longer amount of time was not granted as she was whisked away into the audience that huddled in front of the large wooden podium. it was quite lovely to look at from the detailed structure, it's royal red curtains were certainly a good touch to the over all superior vibe.

y/n felt herself being dragged further into the crowd of chatting people by tubbo while tommy had went off somewhere to find wilbur and the other candidates. while scanning the cheerful surroundings, she had realized she knew only a few while others she had managed to spot the previous day.

her body went frigid as she saw a glimpse of a obnoxiously bright green color passing by in front of her. it had stopped abruptly in her line of vision which prompted her to look up, only to be met with a white mask. y/n had knew she would encounter dream at some point, but the sight of him still threw her off.

she no longer had a safety blanket of a spare two lives to back her up. one more time that someone managed to strike her down till the life drained out of her would be the last, the final life of hers shriveling to ashes. and the myths of coming back as a ghost were just that, rumors and guesses. nothing was proven as no one had actually managed to loose all three of their lives and succumb to that fate. she was powerless when it came to death, the thought of even a slight injury made her want to curl up on herself and hide.

dream could kill her whenever he wanted to, he was obviously much more stronger even though she did pride in having similar skill sets to him since they trained a lot when she first came to his smp lands. but in the end, nothing could successfully stop him from taking her final life like he did with her second, and how his friend and even her own did with the first.

"y/n," his voice was low, she could no longer meet the black holes that she knew he was staring down at her from. she was quick to flinch back from the black fingerless-gloved hand reaching out to place itself on her shoulder as a sign of comfort. she didn't need dream's consultation of relaxation. y/n didn't need anything from him but for the male to leave her alone. she didn't trust him one bit and she knew it would stay that way.

"don't touch me," she growled before spotting a familiar mess of brown locks with a golden crown sitting on top. y/n had abandoned tubbo who decided not to budge into the conversation earlier, and headed towards the male who she knew she could stay besides and not have others think of coming to bother her.

"eret."
~