[TEN]

•••••••••••••
|chapter ten|
•••••••••••••

IT
was quiet. y/n never liked complete silence until that very moment. something or someone always had to be making noise for her to feel at peace or have any ounce of comfort in her, yet here she was; currently laying inside the singed and ruined caravan with the complete bliss of not hearing anything.

the feeling of bedsheets glossed through her senses, it was frigid against her warm skin. and the cool breeze that drifted through the open roof only chilled her more. y/n felt a contrast to the freezing textures when much hotter limbs than her own wrapped around her body.

the daze she had been in grew farther and farther away as the seconds passed. she was fully aware of her surroundings at last, seeing a familiar tuff of brunette locks shimmying and tickling her nose. "wilbur," her voice was hoarse, almost as if she hadn't had water in days.

y/n was quick to clear her throat as the male in front of her scrambled into a straighter position. "you're finally awake, we won," his voice was frantic with excitement. this only confused her, she had remembered dream killing her. she lost her second life, didn't she?

"no-" y/n shook her head with a sigh, until wilbur stopped her. his much larger hands held her cheeks to keep her head facing him, this revealed his freckled complexion overwhelmed with cheerfulness. "tommy traded his discs for independence," to that sentence y/n had stood up abruptly; promptly knocking wilbur to a sprawled position on the floor.

not wasting another second, she left the van.
y/n needed to confirm what nonsense her leader had spewed from his mouth. but she was only left baffled as the sight of the entirety of l'manburg freely roaming the dream smp.

there were many new and old faces who greeted her whether they knew her or not. some had looks of surprise that were masked with joy soon after, an example to that would be fundy. before she could ask any questions to what happened while she guessed she was unconscious, tubbo had pulled y/n to the side.

"y/n! you're awake," the female furrowed her brows to this. "tubbo, how long have i been sleeping for?" the brunette only shifted uncomfortably to the question. she guessed it was something he didn't want to answer, but in the end she would press for it anyways to fulfill her curiosity.

"you've been asleep for about a week," tubbo noticed that y/n almost started to panic, thankfully he had stopped her with an explanation. "tommy traded his discs for lmanburgs independence after dream won the duel, dream agreed under a few circumstances. you respawned back at the caravan, but you wouldn't wake up."

as the teenager went on his little explanatory tangent, y/n listened very carefully. she didn't want to miss any details in order to be caught up on the current events. "wilbur and tommy stayed with you, they would do sort of a switching shifts thing. but there's an election going on! there's a few different parties including wil and tom, the vote results should be announced sometime tomorrow."

"huh? election," y/ns face soured at that. they had just gained l'manburg, why would they risk losing it again? she wasn't sure who the other runners were, but her confidence stayed with wilbur and tommy. though she did have a nagging feeling something would go wrong again. it was just like how she had been when eret betrayed them. that reminded her, "where is my brother?"

"oh, he should be at his pride castle. it's not hard to miss if you walk along the prime pathway down there," tubbo gave a full-hearted grin, not wanting to falter at the name of l'manburgs traitor.

y/n was on her way, bidding goodbye. but she now had a new target, making amends.
~
alrighttt! so this was a short chapter, sorry about that. but i have chosen what i've decided to do during the election arc with your guys help! there were a few comments where some of you said to mix the two ideas together, so that had me thinking!

i won't reveal everything, but just know it's gonna turn out super cool so far with what i have planned (: