[FIFTEEN]

•••••••••••••
|chapter fifteen|
•••••••••••••

HER
first move was to panic and break loose. she didn't want to be contained anymore, at this point y/n knew she wouldn't physically be able to stand it and just collapse out of pure exhaustion.

her sudden jerks were what alerted sapnap to slowly let the female sink to her knees. "hey-" his words were cut off by her forehead hitting against his upper arm, the rest of her body going slack as well. he sighed, guiltily looking away as he placed one arm under her legs while the other situated on her lower back.

"sorry- i'm sorry," y/n blurted out, her words were choked and caught in her throat. she gasped, the cool air covering her dried mouth and chapped lips. she could feel it's freshness against her overheated skin, it was nice.

y/n hadn't gotten the chance to just calm down, she had lost wil and tommy, she was locked away from the outside world for days on end with no food and especially no water. her sleep schedule was depraved and terrible, she couldn't close her eyes without imagining that arrow flying into wilbur's shoulder. y/n still couldn't even wrap her head around what happened.

"it's fine, let's just calm down. alright?" sapnap wanted to make it known that it was fine to just pause and take a break. "how about i take you back to mine, you can get cleaned up." he didn't bother mentioning what schlatt did by taking down l'manburg's walls, it meant that
y/n no longer had a home so he knew he couldn't let her return there. the best place for her to shower or at least get some new clothes was his own.

"yeah uh, let's go," the female nodded, her knees nearly buckling when she was helped to her feet. it was a surprise when the pair got to their destination, even making it inside, and
y/n hadn't fallen once. sure there was stumbling but she wasn't face first on the ground and that was considered an achievement.

the water was warm, she didn't like it so she turned it down. when she got it to a frigid, and usually uncomfortable temperature, she stepped inside with her clothes having been stripped off already and sapnap waiting patiently outside the closed door.

it felt like the grime was washing right off her in clumps, though that was an exaggeration. what wasn't worded like a hyperbole was how long she spent under the streaming liquid; it was at least an hour.

when done, she rejoiced in the comfortable towel wrapped around her body. y/n knew she'd like it even more when she changed into the leggings she was provided with along with socks and sapnap's baggy, grey teeshirt.

once she stepped outside the room, she was met with the loud noise of knocking at the home's door. she was barely given the chance of saying even a word to the helpful male.

"hello?"
~