5 || Uncomfortable

Important notice! These next like few chapters are gonna b pretty angsty so like pls be careful if u can't handle certain descriptions, so,

TW: parental issues, arguing and violence, ptsd & panic attacks

~~~

The whole of the next day, Atsumu kept glaring at his brother. As petty as it was, he wanted to keep his pride and never confess unless you would do so first. That is, if you even felt the same.

Suna was quick to understand what was going on, considering the conversation during the night before. On the way to the gym, Kita noticed the tense aura too. There was no way he couldn't.

"Hiya guys!" You greeted the team as they entered as usual. The majority waved back and began to set up.

"Maaan (L/n), how do you always arrive before us?" The team's ace placed his bags down and picking up his sportswear.

"You guys just take forever I guess." You shrugged your shoulders with a playful smile.

Aran laughed as he shook his head, walking to the changing rooms.

You turned to the two brothers, they haven't said a word to you yet. Though as soon as you made eye contact with Atsumu, he huffed and turned away, stomping to the changing rooms.

Osamu followed, trying to get all up in his face to show his laughter.

Your shoulders slightly dropped.

"Don't mind them." Suna mentioned as he walked up from behind you, making you turn back to him.

"Did... I do something wrong?"

Suna had never heard your voice go so quiet and shaky before, it really took him aback. Though his slightly widened eyes didn't last long as he tried to smile comfortingly. He leaned down toward you and pat your head.

"They're just a bit feisty today. Don't worry, this happens often."

Your cheeks dusted a red hue as he then ruffled your hair.

Suna walked away and, upon hearing you giggle when you went back to what you were doing, smiled to himself; he was glad that his gesture was able to make you less disheartened.

The first half of practice was quite different to say the least. You watched the chaos unfold as leaned against the wall, arms crossed. The twins weren't cooperating at all. It was as if their silent somewhat telepathic bickering just shoved them off sync. And boy did the whole volleyball team notice.

"You two. Please." Kita knew they were strong players, it's just that right now they chose not to be strong together, and rather against each other.

"I'm trying!" Atsumu whined, but it somehow just agitated his brother more.

"No you're not!" Osamu landed a karate chop at the back of his enemy's head.

"Ah. It's hollow." Osamu grinned, more than proud of his insult.

"Shut up!" Atsumu retaliated with a kick to the side, causing Osamu to stumble back.

Osamu fumed, "The hell!?" Once again another hit reciprocated. And another hit. And another one.

Kita took note at how you started feeling uncomfortable with how much they were going at each other, and you began to walk away, deciding to get another drink from the vending machine outside.

Though despite being on the other side of a wall, you could still hear their muffled arguments.

"Shut up, you pig!"

"Shut up! Worthless hag!"

"You should have seen my set then!"

"You should have spent more time with us!"

"I know you're purposely missing the ball!"

"I know you've been seeing people!"

"It's not like you haven't been doing that either!"

"It's not like you haven't slept with others that either!"

"Then leave this gym!"

"Then leave this house!"

You felt as if a whole wall inside you shattered, and tears just let themselves pour out of you. After all this time, you tried burying those thoughts at the furthest crate in the back of your mind and pretend like you're living your greatest life, making jokes and having fun. However, those memories were bound to somehow resurface.

Your hands began to tremble, your legs losing strength as your back slid down the wall. You cradled yourself as you crouched, hands gripping onto the sides of your head, entangling into your hair. The focus of your eyes on the ground became too blurry as your salty tears burned your pupils. Head spinning, guided by the swirls of pitch blackness closing in on you, your uncontrollable sobs stumbled out of your mouth. It wasn't cold, but disorderly shivers kept stabbing your spine and skin whilst everything around you became louder. The muffled calls became louder. The evening crickets became louder. The wind became louder. Every single one of your senses became overwhelmed.

"...!"

".../n!"

"(Y/n)!"