7 || Gifts

A much happier next few chapters to make up for my cringe attempt at angst that happened before 🤲

~~~

Atsumu had his brain constantly stuck to the night before. The way you let him hold you, how you were there just comfortable with each other, how he teased you, and how you looked oddly pretty even after you cried. He kind of wanted to do that again.

Minus the crying, of course.

The whole school day was over in a split second for him; he just wanted to see you again. He never came across you within school grounds other than the first time you went to their gym, so his only highlight of the day was going to practice and getting to see you. Though the lingering thought that it was the last day before the weekend, therefore the last day he'd spend practice with you, sorely stuck in his brain.

When the team was on their way to the gym, Atsumu, much to the annoyance of his brother, wouldn't shut up.

"Oh man," Atsumu stretched his arms up excitedly. "This day has just begun, I'm so ready to practice!"

"You mean show off to your girlfriend?" Suna asked as if it was a genuine question. He was certainly an expert at making fun of people without trying.

"Yep!" Atsumu cheered, his arms falling to his side.

"EH?" Suna's stoic expression had disappeared. "You guys are-?"

"Not yet!" The blonde proudly put his hands on his hips.

"..." Suna walked ahead to catch up with the rest of the team.

"Don't get cocky." Osamu ordered, and caught up with Suna.

"Hello!" You greeted the team.

"Morning, (Y/n)!" Atsumu waved.

Osamu sighed. "It's afternoon, dipshit."

Atsumu, a smile still on his face, paused, walked out the door, closed it, and re-entered. "Good afternoon, (Y/n)!"

As expected, unlike yesterday, after greeting you back the team all went straight to the changing room ready for an intense day of practice. You smiled at their determination.

It was as if the argument yesterday never happened, because the twins were perfectly synced once again.

I guess that does happen often. You thought, surprised by how quickly the two got over it.

During most of the day's practice, you either just sat and watched and admired all their techniques or helped them out with certain activities. But for the second half, you left the gym, going to the nearby convenience store. You figured after a long day of hard work, you wanted to give them all something.

So after what seemed like a lifetime of excruciating practice, the team was finally done for the day. The team was changed back into their previous clothes, though by no means were they not still drenched in sweat. Of course Kita had some supernatural power to not look tired though.

They all exited the changing rooms together.

"We got a lot of progress done today!" A member smiled widely.

"Right? I'm beat!" Another replied.

"I'm gonna miss this place, though."

"Where's (L/n)?" Aran looked around.

"Ah, she said she needs to pass by the convenience store before they closed." Kita recalled you mentioning it.

"Hmm~" Atsumu quietly hummed.

"Miss her already?" Suna asked, again, as if it was a serious and genuine question. Thankfully, he managed to dodge Atsumu's kick.

Just then, the doors were pushed open. The door, surprisingly, was being opened by your back, since both your hands were occupied by two bags each, of assumably the convenience store stuff.

"You all finished? Sorry, did I make you wait?"

"No, but..." Kita began.

"What's all that?" Atsumu finished the thought, running to help you carry the items.

Your gave a smile to him, then the team. "Well~," The curl of your lips' smile was audible in your tone of voice as you spoke. "After a long day, and week, of great practice, I figured you all deserve little treat from me! I'll kinda miss having you all here. This week was super cool..."

Most members were now smiling from cheek to cheek. Atsumu was too, as he hastily looked into the bag he was holding to find a whole assortment of delicious snacks.

"(Y/n)-chaaan!!!" Atsumu cried out as he charged into you for a suffocating hug. Your arm stretched out, careful not to squish the bag of snacks in between you.

"Yeah, yeah, now hurry up there's some frozen stuff here too so don't let them melt. Plus get off bro, you stanky sweaty right now."

"Thanks for these snacks!"

"Alright!!"

"You're the best, (L/n)-senpai!"

Appreciative cheers came from the Inarizaki team, as you looked away and waved your hand dismissively, saying it was nothing.

Though in reality, you were absolutely thriving in the compliments.