19 || Bus ride

Ok I know the trip from the Hyōgo prefecture to Tokyo is like 7 hours and idk of school trips in Japan take the bus for trips like this but for the sake of the story just- ajsjdbajdh

~~~

"Aaah, I'm so excited!" You jumped on the spot, but was stopped by Suna who placed a firm hand on your head.

"Calm yourself, child." He laughed lazily.

"Agh dude can't help it, it's my first training camp with you guys! It's... it's the first time I've gone on a trip with anyone in years." You said with pleading yet excitedly sparking eyes.

Just then, the bus had arrived. You smiled widely, being the first to zoom in and head to the back row's window seat.

The other teammates stepped on the bus right after, claiming their own seats. Atsumu approached you at the very back.

"Why a back row seat?" He asked, but still sat beside you anyway as he plopped his bags down next to yours.

"This is where all the cool kids hang." You joked with your hands making ironically cringe swag movements.

Atsumu laughed. "Am I a cool kid, then?"

"Nope." Osamu walked towards you two, with Suna.

Suna took the seat in front of you as Osamu sat beside him and in front of his brother. Kita, being what Atsumu would call a goody two-shoes, sat at the very front of the bus next to Aran and near the coach.

But, for some reason, Atsumu shouted from the back and begged the captain and his friend to join the group at the back, this you and the other two in front of you joined him to convince the two at the front. So they did give in and moved eventually, sitting on the second back most row, on the other side of Suna and Osamu.

Why nobody took a spot on the back row with you and Atsumu was a mystery, but you two weren't complaining. More space was always great.

The volleyball team wasn't populated enough to fill the entire over-sized bus, so your group were practically in your own zone.

As the bus started moving, you lightly kicked your feet about, giggling.

"You're a literally child, (Y/n)" Suna laughed at your antics since he felt your feet against the back of his chair.

"Oh- sorry!" You stopped yourself, hands shoved in between your knees as you tired to contain your excitement as you distracted yourself with the passing buildings outside the window.

"You just called her (Y/n)!?" Atsumu whisper-shouted as he stretched the seatbelt to peer at Suna over the seat.

Suna looked up. "Jealous?" He whispered so you couldn't hear.

"Tch, shut up." Atsumu sat back down.

"You guys can all call me by my first name you know." You blankly stared at Atsumu when he sat back down, which meant you definitely heard their quiet exchange.

"Ha." Osamu merely said a single laugh at his now embarrassed brother.

"I'm not special anymore, though~" Atsumu pointed, already missing being the only one who was on first name basis.

Another few minutes later, and you were subconsciously swinging your feet, this time not enough to bother anyone.

Kita glanced to you and the others, probably to make sure his team weren't being troublesome. He noticed your feet going back and forth.

"I'm wondering, (Y/n)," Kita leaned back on his chair slightly so that he had a better view of you.

Atsumu's eyebrows subtly twitched at Kita's use of your name.

"Is there anything else that's causing you to be this thrilled?"

"Oh, definitely!" You confirmed with a smile. "I've never actually been to Tokyo..." You fiddled with your hands.

"Really?" Atsumu turned and looked down to you, others also looking surprised.

"Yeah, I never had the money to take a trip there... so I'm super excited!"

To Atsumu, it was as if flowers were blooming around you and that they sparkled little stars. Your wholesome attitude wouldn't stop picking at his heartstrings.

"Tsumu," Your head whipped to him, making his stomach flutter. "Do you think I'll get to take a picture at the sky tree?"

"O-Of course! And I'll take one with you!"

Not even ten minutes into the trip, you, Atsumu and Suna were at the brink of sanity from boredom. Osamu was already passed out though, drooling from his sleep.

"Here!" You called, moderately quiet so that Osamu wouldn't wake up.

You threw another marshmallow upwards. Suna had his seatbelt off as his knees rested on his chair, hands on the head of the seat as he faced you. He opened his mouth as he shifted a bit back to the area where he thought it'd land. Sadly, it hit his eyelid, making him let out a quick "A- " as it fell onto the sleeping Osamu's lap. Suna snorted.

"Dangit!" You snapped your finger as your hand whipped to the side.

"(Y/n), say aah~!" Atsumu sat on the other side of the back row, setting a marshmallow to you. He and Suna watched as for the first time, one of you were able to successfully catch it in your mouth.

"Oohohoho!!" You held your hand in front of your mouth as you chewed on the piece, excitedly laughing with the other two.

"AHHAH yes!" Atsumu cheered, proud of his perfect set.

A cough came from the side, earning the attention of you three to see Kita giving you an intense stare. He didn't look angry, but you could tell he could scold you all at any moment.

You three shrunk back into your seats as you put your lunch box of sweet snacks back into your bag, Kita also gesturing Suna to put back his seatbelt on to which he obliged.

Safety first, kids.

About halfway through the bus ride, you three were now also sleeping.

Kita and Aran were quietly discussing volleyball, not tired since their sleep schedule is probably stable unlike you four.

Suna, being a light sleeper, jolted awake at the bus going over a road bump. He groggily robbed his eyes and decided sit his knees on the chair to see what you and Atsumu were up to, or if you two were also sleeping. His sleepiness immediately left him when he saw you two, and he shoved one hand in his pocket to grab his phone while the other shook Osamu awake.

"What the-?!" Osamu's anger from being woken up also disappeared when he saw what Suna was taking picture of. He looked to you two with a snicker.

Atsumu's arm was wrapped around your waist as he held you close to him, his hand resting on your hip. Your legs and feet were on the seat as you were leaned into him, head on his shoulder and his head was on top of yours. Both your hairs were entangled with each other, just like how Atsumu's fingers were with your own hand. Suna and Osamu wondered which one of you was the one to hold the others hand, or if you'd both unknowingly done it while sleeping.

Osamu reached to the side to shake his hand near Kita to grab his attention. Just as the captain was about to give another glare at the two, he saw the scene two. Kita smiled to himself, finding the situation rather adorable.

Aran peeked over Kita. "How cute."

Kita smiled and hummed with a nod.