23 || I'd never leave you

You mind was overflowing with thoughts to join the boys for dinner, so you decided so take a walk outside during the night. The bus was going to be here in 2 hours.

The plan was basically to sleep on the way back, so that you'd arrive very early in the morning. Thank goodness it was the weekend, or none of you would be able to go to school the following week.

Sitting on a bench in a secluded area, you stared up at the sky. Tendou was going to leave you too, but not in that way. It was more bittersweet than anything, since you had hopes of one day crossing paths again.

Your mind trailed to the one who made you upset earlier.

Said boy fell right into the trap Tendou had laid out as he no longer had the courage to talk to you. He just joined the others for dinner, and they knew he chickened out by his slouched and shameful demeanour.

"What's he all depresso for?" Kuroo pointed to him, mouth full of food.

Yaku knocked his head. "Chew your food before talking, you dog."

Kuroo glared at the shorter player. "Woof." He stopped chewing.

"Probably sad that he couldn't be nice to his girlfriend." Suna shrugged.

"She's not my girlfriend." Atsumu's face on the table cloaked his volume.

Suna raised his eyebrow. It's the first time he's straight up denied any kind of teasing like that.

"She's not?" Raising his head was the little decoy of Karasuno. "She talks a lot about you, though."

Atsumu shifted his face up to look at the boy with his chin still on the table. "She does...?"

"Yeah, she basically never stops swooning for you." A blond blocker with glasses nearby rolled his eyes.

"Mhm, mmhm!" Bokuto nodded, "Even when she's with us, she's still talking about you and your team."

"Really?" Atsumu's head was now off the table with his eyes sparkling.

"She's totally into you." Kuroo stated.

"Aah~ it must be nice to have a sweet girl who liked you!" A boy with shaved sides and a blonde mohawk from Nekoma said.

"I'm so jealous." Tsukishima said sort of blandly. What.

Atsumu propped up, now hyped. "You all serious?"

Bokuto nodded. "Go get her, tiger!"

Atsumu gladly jumped out of his seat, rushing outside the door.

All the players surrounding Inarizaki gave an eager smile to the captain. Kita sighed, handing them their money.

"(Y/n)? (Y/nnnn)?" Atsumu peeked everywhere around near the cafeteria, near the gym, until deciding to go to the area he last had his proper conversation - or rather argument - with you. An argument he now deeply regretted.

"(Y/n)?" He finally spotted you sitting on a nearby bench.

You lowered your head, looking away from the stars and to him. "Oh."

Atsumu slowly approached you and looked to the empty spot beside you. "Can I...?"

You shrugged at looked back up. Not accepting but not denying either.

He sat beside you, also following your gaze. He wasn't sure how to apologise; he'd never done a proper apology to someone like this before.

"I don't know if I made you think about it but... either way..." Atsumu looked down. "I'm not like them."

You looked at him in surprise. You didn't expect him to know that his actions made you think about your parents.

"(Y/n), I was being the dumbass. I know that now." He turned to face you. "I was... I was j-j..."

He took a serious and deep breath as he looked down. "I was jealous. I was being selfish with you even though I had no right to be. And I know you have every right to make your own friends, and I'm proud of you."

"..."

"It's okay if you don't forgive me right away. I wouldn't forgive me either... but just know that I never wanted to hurt your feelings..." He looked back up at you and saw you with a soft smile, not sure if your face was red or if it was the dark night playing tricks on his brain.

You suddenly plopped your head on his chest to hide your mess of a blushing face, as you lightly punched his gut. "Of course I forgive you asshole, I love being friends with you."

Atsumu felt something in him when you referred to him as a friend, but he retraced his thought. This was more than enough. He didn't want to confess just yet and escalate this moment. For now, he was satisfied to just be your friend again.

Atsumu pat your head, glad but still surprised that you forgave him so quickly. He wanted to see your face but decided to let you rest on his chest.

A few moments later, you broke the silence. Atsumu's eyes stretched wide when he realised your voice was wavering because you were crying.

"I'm sorry too..." you said, still hiding your face.

Atsumu laughed, "Why are you apologising? You did nothing wrong, sunshine." He wrapped his arms around you as he began to feel his shirt soak from your tears.

One arm brought your back closer to him while the other held the back of your neck and fiddled with your hair. He rested his chin on the top of your head while he rubbed your back comfortingly.

He loved holding you, more than he could ever express.

He loved the feeling.

He wanted to stay like this forever.

"Tsumu..." You voice came muffled from your buried head.

"Hm?"

"Please don't leave me again."

His eyes widened. It was as if his prayers were immediately answered.

"I won't, sunshine..." He finally let go of you. Both his hands held your cheeks, as he rested his forehead against yours, noses not quite touching by a single millimetre. His eyes met yours in a reassuring smile.

"I'd never leave you."

~~~

UWAA I LOVE SOFTSUMU 🥺😭❤️ anyways I'm getting lazy with this book so I'll end it soon lol