21 || Jealous

"And we kept laughing about his failed serve for so long!" You laughed as you told Atsumu about the friend you made earlier, Tendou Satori. You both walked back to the dorm buildings since the day had finished.

Atsumu nodded. "He's a pretty funny guy, huh?"

You nodded back. "Yeah, he's hysterical."

From the corner of his eyes, Atsumu saw you laugh to yourself as you fiddled with the hem of your shirt.

An irk mark popped on his face.

Why are you flustered? That's his job to do.

"Well, this is where we part." You said as the managers and players settled on different floors. "See you tomorrow, Tsumu!" Smiling and waving, you went upstairs.

Atsumu tried not to think much about it, but he couldn't help but feel a small fire in his chest as he thought about the way you talked about your new friend.

"...The hell's wrong with you?" Osamu saw as Atsumu's obviously pissed figure entered the room.

"Nothing." He huffed, brushing past his brother.

"Is it the boy she was talking to?" Kita asked, Atsumu then grunting at his captain's observance.

"Oh?" Suna sat up on his futon as if rising from the dead.

"It appears (Y/n) had made a friend from Shiratorizawa today." The captain informed.

"You're jealous that (Y/n) really just made a friend?" Osamu asked, looking mildly infuriated.

"That's low." Suna stated.

"Wha!?"

The next few days was absolute hell for Atsumu. Every time Inarizaki was practicing and Shiratorizawa wasn't, you'd be mingling with that Tendou boy, and you eventually also made friends with two boys that had previously intimidated you, Kuroo Tetsuro and Bokuto Kotaro. They all seemed intimidating at first, but they were really just fun idiots to be around.

You were helping them a lot, saying how they looked when blocking, spiking, and giving any suggestions, also admiring other perfected techniques they had. The excited bustle of the gym and players everywhere reminded you of back when you grandfather was still hosting your gym.

"Though I'm surprised that he's really smart! Actually no, that's not surprising, he's just cool." You told Atsumu.

Both of you were once again catching up at the end of a day as you stood outside.

"Ugh." Atsumu just couldn't suppress his hatred anymore.

"Huh?" You looked at the angry boy as he slumped on the wall with his arms crossed.

"I asked to hang out right now because wanted to spend time with you (Y/n), not talk about those losers."

"Losers??" You asked, slightly defensive. "Dude what's with you? You're such a jerk right now."

"I'm not the one being the jerk!" He pushed himself off the wall as he broke composure.

"Yeah you are! If you didn't care about me making friends you should have just said so!" You huffed and looked away.

"You're the one who doesn't care! You've been ignoring me completely for the past three days!"

"I'm not ignoring you! You're just not the only friend I'm allowed to have!"

"That's not what I mean, dumbass!"

"You're the dumbass!" Your voice now cracked as your tremble was subtle, but present.