11 || Realisations

"I'm glad Kita finally found a manager that isn't part of the Miya twins' fan club." A week had already passed since you became their manager. To be honest, you were already used to it, since you did the same kind of work you did before. The fans eventually left you alone too, which surprised you, but you weren't complaining.

You turned to the coach and nodded, momentarily smiling at him before continuing to watch the boys do their spikes, sets, etc. "Yeah, I even confused those two's names at first."

The coach laughed. "Though even being twins, they're also completely different."

You hummed in agreement. "Tsumu does seem to always want to challenge Samu, but it helps them; they're always pushing each other forward." Your voice had an admiring tone.

"Calling them by their nicknames now?" The coach smiled and looked at you from the corners of his eyes.

"W-well, I mean, yeah, like, uh-" Incomprehensible stutters trailed out of you.

The coach let out a hearty laugh, patting your back a bit too heavily. "I'm glad they have a friendly and observant manager, keep up the good work, sport!"

"Th-Thank you sir." You coughed out, since he basically just knocked the wind out of you with those pats.

The coach blew the whistle, allowing the boys to step off for a bit and take a break.

"Did you see my perfect set, (Y/n)? It totally tricked the other side, they all thought I was setting to Suna!" A player ran to you excitedly.

You handed the rambling sweaty blond a towel and water bottle.

"I thought that too, until the ball almost hit my FACE." Osamu rebuked, clearly disagreeing with his brother's 'perfect set' statement.

"Well, a point's a point." You smiled, shrugging at the two.

You looked at what Suna had to say about it. He sighed, "I thought it was to me too. I'm disappointed."

"Hmmm..." You closed your eyes before  propping up. "Try making signals! I've seen a setter from Karasuno's volleyball team do some hand thingies that says the team's text move!" You said, fiddling with your hands trying to mimic the signs.

"How do you know that?" Osamu asked.

"Ahh.. I might have been studying a whole bunch of other teams this week.... watching their matches' recordings... on repeat." You smiled coyly, your head shrinking into your shoulders.

"Your reliability is inhuman, (L/n)." Suna smiled slightly, his hand on your head for a second.

"Make sure you're getting enough sleep though, (L/n)." Kita passed by behind the group, somehow able to know what the conversation was about.

You nodded at Kita before facing Atsumu, seeing his profile as he drank water. "So what do you think, Tsumu? About the hand signs."

He side-eyed you, before finishing drinking his water. Droplets of the refreshing cold beverage meandered down his chin, combining with the sweat on his face, the thin string of liquid connecting his lips and the bottle dissipating when he put the bottle down.

Atsumu closed his eyes as he smiled widely, giving you thumbs up.

You mentally prayed that your blush wasn't visible. "I-I'll leave you to it, then!" Hastily grabbing their used and discarded towels, you ran to the other side of the gym to the other players grab their stuff too.

Atsumu watched you go confusedly, though Osamu and Suna definitely knew what was up. Suna placed a hand on Atsumu's shoulder. "Congrats."

"Eh?"

The rest of practice, you had tried not to make eye contact with Atsumu, convincing yourself that you were too busy helping out the team.

"Alright all you scoundrels, I think we've made great progress today! Let's keep up the good work next week." The coach concluded the practice with a resonating clap, some students happy to call it a day other still hungry for more practice, shortly being told off by Kita to take care of themselves and not be overworked.

"That hand sign thingy worked out pretty well didn't it?" A player exclaimed to his twin, as he and various others just exited the gym door.

"How!? You kept making mistakes!" The counterpart's eyebrows twitched.

"Huh? wasn't the one making mistakes!" The boy protested.

"You shitty setter of course you were! I missed twice!!"

"And whose fault is that!?"

"YOURS!"

"Wh-? No way! (Y/n), Defend me!"

Atsumu turned to you.

"Ah!- H-huh!?" It was as if your innards jumped right out of you skin. You were too focused on trying not focus on Atsumu, that when he called you, your soul imploded.

"A-Ah! D-did I scare you?" He reached out to you. "Sorry, are you okay?" His volume lowered a tad bit.

"Oh, sorry! I was just thinking... about y-... yyyourrr hand signals!" Nice cover.

Osamu and Suna, walking behind, glanced at each other, both with smug smiles.

"Just... try to simplify the gestures. I think you over complicated it a bit and got confused." You suggested.

Atsumu sighed, "I wanted to look cool, though..."

You sighed right back. "You already look cool, Tsumu, don't worry about things like that."

Immediately, Atsumu's wide eyes bolted to meet yours. And a second later, a grateful yet emotional pout covered his features.

Atsumu lunged to you, trapping you in a headlock.

"What a supportive manager we have! Aaahh~ you're too perfect!" His knuckles rubbed on your head, messing up your hair.

"T-ts-! Tsumu-!" You struggled under his grip, your two friends behind not making any attempt to help you. They just snickered at you.

When Atsumu finally let go, you sighed in relief, but remembered you were probably bright red thus looked the other way.

Atsumu faltered at your action thinking you were pissed at him until he was able to peek past the strands of hair that blocked your cheeks. He managed to make out that they were pinker than usual. That made him happily hum a laugh, arms swinging unconsciously.