16 || Flowers

There Atsumu stood, at the entrance of your apartment complex, staring at the doors. He wore a simple v-neck t-shirt, covered by a lightly ripped denim jacket, having plain black jeans on his legs and white trainers. On his head rested a cap that acted as a cover for his messy hair that he didn't bother to fix after practice.

His blank stare at the flowers in his left hand stayed for a while as he remembered he never knew which floor or number your place was, plus he didn't even have your number.

Was he the type to ring every button at the entrance? Yeah, yeah he was.

Just as he was about to press the first doorbell of many, he felt a vibration from his pocket. Picking his phone out, he saw a message from someone he didn't expect.

'Kita: Her number is 0x-xxxx-xxxx. Osamu had just asked me to refer it to you.'

Right after, another vibrate came.

'Samu: ur welcome 🙄'

"Gaaah you absolute dickhead I hate you!" Of course, Atsumu complaining to himself was just him showing his own type of appreciation for his brother. Though he knew he'd have to owe him something back sooner or later.

Dialling in your number, he felt his heart slightly pound, as if the situation had just hit him. It definitely looked like a confession to anyone who didn't know the context.

"Hello?" He jumped at your voice when you picked up your phone.

~a moment ago~

You stared up at the ceiling of your room as you thought about everything and nothing simultaneously. Sometimes even you could understand your own thoughts, but it happens.

Though one thing you were sure of was the thought that you began hating your mom.

Drugs? Since when? The article had mentioned that, and you couldn't help but feel disgusted.

And she had the nerve to do what you father had did, and she fully knows how much it hurt.

Your strange thoughts were interrupted as your phone chimed your favourite song.

Tilting your head, you didn't recognise the number.

'Never pick up your phone or answer the door to strangers!'

Your mother had always told you that.

Well... she's not here to scold you, is she?

Your petty spite from her ditching you just had to answer.

"Hello?"

You half expected some spam caller salesman or something, but was surprised to hear a familiar voice.

"Hi... um it's Atsumu. I'm kinda... outside your door right now?" He said, as if he was asking a question.

"W-what? Whathwhatwhat?" You spluttered out why's as you got up from your bed, still in pyjamas. You had on your comfort pjs, which was a long sleeve fluffy shirt with your favourite animal on it, as well as your plain black shorts.

You clumsily stumbled as you put your slippers on, and hurriedly grabbed your keys and ran out your door and down the complex stairs. You even forgot to take your phone with you, so Atsumu just heard a diminuendo of your panicky voice, eventually hearing your door shut.

"Oh." He stated, tapping his screen to end the call, then hearing a click in front of him.

"Atsumu it's late! Why are you here?" You panted, supporting yourself with a single hand on the door frame.

For some reason, Atsumu found that cute.

He blushed. "Here," only then did you notice a small bouquet of flowers in his hands as he held them out to you. They were yellow tulips, decorated with smaller circular white flowers all over. A golden bow finished the look around the stems.

"Why?" You hesitantly held your hand on the stems, your finger brushing against his.

"Um... just thought I'd cheer you up. No big deal." He looked away as he mumbled. "But... yellow tulips represent cheerfulness and sunshine, which I think you deserve. So I thought it'd be nice..." His nervous eyes quickly darted to you, and saw you on the verge of tears.

"You're so sweet!" You jumped into his arms, careful with the flowers.

Atsumu was unresponsive, trying to process your action, then wrapped his arms around you, hands sinking into the fluff of your pyjamas.

"Um..." you spoke, still embraced in the hug. "Do you wanna hang out for a bit? I've been a bit lonely all day..." You both parted the hug.

The boy in front of you only had his mouth parted, not sure what to say. He was so used to your cheery personality, and every time he saw you vulnerable, all he wanted to do was hold you.

"O-oh, it's okay if you don't want to..." You had taken his unresponsiveness as a denial, as you hid your face behind the petals of the bouquet that you held to your chest, embarrassed.

"AaaaahNO-YEAH!" Atsumu waved his hands about as his face flushed red.

Which one is it?

"I'd love to!" Atsumu grabbed his hands onto both of yours, directing the cluster of flowers down and away from your face. He was leaning down closer to you when he reached to your hands, a soft smile on his face.

The only thing illuminating him was the soft yellow entrance light from above. They subtly shined on his face, including his eyelids that were low as his lips were tugged into a small smile at you.

He didn't seem like it, but inside he was freaking out.

But honestly, so were you.

"Awesome." You smiled back.