Chapter 1

Harry's POV:

I heard the bakery door open, not bothering to check I shuffled around on the smooth wood bakery floor keeping my eyes on my feet, I felt my best friend, Brie, who I was on shift with that day, tap me on the shoulder, signalling for me to look up at the new customer. I stopped in my tracks as my gaze fell on a short, brown haired boy who I hadn't seen in three years. My breath hitched as he met my eye. His beautiful, full blue eyes quickly moved towards my friend who had her arm on my shoulder. Was that jealousy I saw in his eyes? His gaze turned back to me and I started to panic. Brie seemed to notice and guided me back behind the counter into the kitchen. 

"Harry?" She asked in a concerned tone. I didn't even reply I just looked down to my feet. This was enough for her to click into full protective mode.

"Do you want me to kick his ass?" She asked, completely serious. I wasn't sure my answer would even matter but I still made sure she knew not to, by looking up at her and begging her with my eyes not to make a scene. 

"Are you sure I can't at least hit him once, HE FUCKING DESERVES IT!" She said a little to loudly, causing me to wince and the loud volume. I quickly shook my head daring to meet her furious eyes. 

"Please don't do anything," I pleaded. "You'll only make a scene and get us both in trouble." She looked at me one last time before walking out of the kitchen back into the quiet bakery. There were only a few people in the bakery so they didn't need to focus to much on the customers. I stayed behind a few seconds in the kitchen before following her back into the bakery. 

I looked up to see Louis still standing in the exact same spot as he was when I first caught sight of him. He looked and me and I could see a faint smile creeping onto his lips. 

"Haz, I" He started.

"Don't" I said, causing him to stop immediately and meet the gaze or the curly haired boy standing before him. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be London touring?" I asked harshly. I could see the hurt look and pain strike his face. I didn't care though, he left me, I had nothing to do with it. 

"I, I had a break.." The older boy answered turning his gaze to the girl standing next to me, I knew he could see the similarity's in our appearances. But I could still see him trying to sus her out. Trying to figure out who she was to me. But why would be care? Wait, did he care? I didn't think he cared. He doesn't care. He can't. I hated the effect the older boy still had on me. The place I had been in when he left was somewhere nobody ever wants to be. I had even tried to take my own life, and if not for Brie I would be very much dead. She pulled me through fog, saving me, and for that I was ever thankful. I would do anything for the girl, I even once dressed up as a girl and pretended to be her girlfriend to make her ex jealous. And I knew she would do the same. 

"One break in 3 fucking years? Sounds believable, huh?" Brie snapped glaring at the older boy. If looks could kill Louis would very much be dead right now. Although I knew the girl wouldn't hold back to kill him if she ever got the chance, and she was very unashamed about that. 

"Brie, it's alright, I can handle this." I said not breaking eye contact with Louis. She walked over to me and wrapped her arm around my waist, a protecting gesture she knew would make me more comfortable. In this case it did, so I turned to her and gave her a slight smile. 

"Why did you come her Louis?" I asked, turning my attention back to the boy standing in the doorway. 

"I, um, I just feel so bad about what happened, can we please talk?" He said looking down at the floor. 

"Well, I'm currently working, if you can't see, so we can't talk now, but we're closing in a few hours if your willing to wait." I asked. He nodded quickly "The table over there is free." I said pointing to a table over by the window closest to him. "If you need anything just ask." I finished.