Chapter 16

Brie's POV- 

It was now Friday afternoon. I had been stuck in the hospital for almost three day and I  wanted to explode. I hated hospitals because of how much she was in one when my mother died. I was sitting next to Harry on my hospital playing last card when the doctor came in. 

"Good news, Miss Thompson you're good to go later today. But before you go we have some things we need to discuss ." I nodded. I knew what was coming. 

"Are you alright with you're friends being here?" The doctor asked and I nodded. "Alright. We've noticed your extremely underweight and have bruises quite a lot on you're body. Are you willing to tell me where they came from?" I quickly shook my head at the doctors question. 

"I can't." I said. 

"Why not?" The doctor asked. 

"I just can't." I said, tears starting to pour out of my eyes. 

"And why not?" The doctor asked, starting to become impatient. 

"I CAN'T!" I yelled, not meaning to but I just couldn't control it. "They'll kill me!" Harry put his arm around my shoulder pulling me into his chest. 

"Hey hey, your okay." He said softly. 

"I'll give you a minute." The doctor said, walking out of the room. 

"I'm scared Haz." I whispered. "There's nothing stopping them. There's nothing anyone can do. They might as well just kill me now." I said. The tears finding no limit. 

"Don't say that. Me and the others will do everything in our power to protect you." Harry said.

"I don't think Louis will, he doesn't like me very much." I said. 

"I think he's just intimidated because your my best friend and theres nothing he can do to change that." Harry said, looking me in the eye. I smiled.

"Thank you." I said. Clearly people like interrupting Harry because he was about to say something but Niall and Louis came bursting into the room. 

"Hi!" Niall said excitedly although he changed his facial expressions when he saw my tear stained cheeks.

 "Are you okay Brie?" Louis asked. I nodded and shifted from Harry's hold. 

"I'm fine." I said, wiping my cheek with my sleeve. Niall came over and gave me a quick hug before sitting on top of me. "NIALL! GET OFF ME!" I shouted. 

"Nah, it's quite comfortable up here." Niall stated. Harry laughed at our stupid friend, got up and walked over to Louis, giving him a quick hug before sitting back down beside me. Louis walked over to the chair in the corner and sat down. He also was laughing at Niall. 

We all settled down into a conversation. Funnily enough, Harry was talking when the doctor came back into the room. 

"I'm sorry but you have to tell us where the bruises came from before we can let you leave." The doctor stated. I sighed. 

"A group of guys jumped me and said if I told anyone they would hurt me again." I lied. Well it wasn't all a lie. That was how it started. 

"Okay, thank you." And with that we left. 

"Why'd you lie?" Niall asked.

"I had to. It's not like I could tell them the truth, if I did we'd all be dead for sure. There's no questioning it." I quickly stated. My phone beeped, signalling I had a text. I picked it up and checked the ID. Unknown number. Shit. I opened it. I could feel Harry looking over my shoulder.