9. The Saviour

Mehak's pov

As soon as Manik said that Mom met with an accident, My mind ran to the worst scenario and the phone slipped out of my hand.

The word "accident " started to ring in my ears.

Ankur picked it up and listened to Manik. 

"Mehak,Mehak...nothing happened to Aunty...she is perfectly alright….we have to go..Mehak." Ankur said ,shaking my shoulders. Hearing him, I came out of the trance and my senses started to work. 

"Ye..yes...yes...Ankur...we need to go….hurry up...we need to go." I said and within a second we ran out of my vanity van.

I was so shaken that I didn't realise how and when we reached home. 

"Come let's go." Parking the car,Ankur said.

We got out of his car and rang the doorbell.

Manik opened the door . I asked, "How is Mom,Manu?" 

"Relax...Come inside," He said and we both entered. We went straight to Mom's room. A doctor was checking her,making me more panicked.

"What happened? tell me clearly"  I asked Manik.

"Mom went to the temple while returning from the Bank. When she was crossing the road, a truck was about to bump her when suddenly a gentleman saved her. In fact he dropped her at home. But before we could Thank him and ask his name,he left because of his urgent work.
I called you to inform you and cut your call. After that ,she fainted ,that's when I called the doctor. " Manik said.

I mentally thanked the person. He had no idea what he had done for us.

"Doctor ,how is Mom?" I asked. 

"Nothing serious...out of shock and nervousness, she lost her consciousness. Don't worry...she will be awake after some time. " The doctor said.

Manik left her till the gate.

I sat beside her and held her hand. Suddenly her hands started to move and very slowly she started to move her eyes.

"Mom," I called her. She looked at me and gave a smile.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"I want to sit." She said softly. I helped her to sit up.

"Aunty,how are you?" Ankur asked as he stood beside Manik.

"I am perfectly fine. " Mom said with a smile.

Looking at our dull faces,Mom said,"Why are you guys making a face like this? See,nothing happened to me...Thanks to that boy who gave me a new life…
Come on,smile now. Come come let's eat something..Ankur ,join us." 

"No..no please...I have to go  home,otherwise Mom will get tensed." Ankur said.

"Okay then,I will not force you but you have to join us next time. " Mom said. 

"Done. " Ankur said and bowed down dramatically. We laughed. After some time he left.

"Mom ,why did you tell the driver to go back? " I asked. 

"Actually,I didn't know how much time I would take..that's why I told him to go. " Mom said.

"You should be careful Mom...you know nah if something happens to you,we will die ….please." I said softly,controlling my tears. The thought of Mom not being with us itself is very scary.

"Yes Mom..we already lost our Dad..but we can't lose you." Manik said ,hugging Mom.

"Aare Pagal(Mad), nothing will happen to me… so many things are left to do which I need to complete...So chill." Mom said with a wink. We chuckled.