19. The Evening

Mehak's pov 

As soon as he saw me, he cut the call.

Maybe some work related ….or something personal. 

I shook my head and asked him,"Are you busy?" 

"No..no..Come" he said and I walked towards him. We both sat down on the swing which was there at the balcony. 

"Why didn't you tell me the important information?" I asked him sternly. He looked startled hearing voice and said,"About?" 

"That you saved my Mom  the other day. You knew right?" I asked him.

"When I saved her,I didn't know that she was your mom...but when I met her for the second time,I came to know that she was your mom. And it's nothing to boast about I saved your Mom...it was my duty so I did. " he said casually.

"Thank you so much...you don't know how much it meant for me. I don't have anyone except my mom and brother whom I can call as my family...so if something would have happened to her that day ,I don't know what me and my brother would have done. So thank you so much." I said to him. I was crying by then.

He hesitantly wiped my tears off as if fearing how I would react to his this act and said ,"Please don't Thank me… you are embarrassing me now. It was past and gone. So focus on the future and take care of her. " 

I nodded with a smile. 

"Don't you want to join others downstairs?" He asked me.

"I will but later...it is more soothing than the gathering. Why ? By any chance, am I boring you with my company?" I asked him teasingly.

"Yeah ,kind of. Trust me ,I haven't met such a boring girl in my life. " he said with fake disgust.

I gasped and threw the cushion at him . It hit him directly on his face.

"Ouch woman!! Why are you getting violent?" He said .

"Shut up...you are reacting as if I have thrown a big stone on you..it is just a cushion." I said to him sassily. He chuckled softly.

Before we could say anything, a boy of around 4 or 5 years old came running towards him.

"Chachu, Choti Dadi ne aap dono ko niche bulaya hai.(Uncle,younger granny has called both of you downstairs. )" Saying this the boy ran away with his small legs. He looked so cute in his kurta pajama. 

"Let's go...I think we are summoned for the puja." He said and stood up.

He stretched his hand for me and holding his hand, I got up. We both made our way to the downstairs. 
.
.
.
"Can I click a selfie with you?" I turned around to see a teenage girl standing there with a phone in her hand.

Puja had finished an hour before. Then Aunty introduced me with her guests.

From then the selfie session had started. It made me happy and awkward as well.
Happy because I could see how people are appreciating my work.
Awkward because they were just clicking selfies with me now and then.

I looked back at Mom and Arthit to see different reactions on their faces.  Mom was beaming with pride and Arthit had an amused smile on his face.

I turned towards the girl who was looking at me with hope and nodded my head.

She took a selfie as we posed and went away squealing. 

"I feel so awkward with all the attention." I said,  making Mom and Arthit laugh.

"Don't laugh...I have been here for the last two years still it feels so awkward to me." I whined.

"Is by any chance Ms. Superstar getting shy with all these?" Arthit asked me and teasing was evident in his voice. 

I narrowed my eyes at him and said,"No...absolutely not ." 

"You don't know Arthit, Mehak was a very shy kid in her childhood. When she was 3 years old,one of our acquintant came to our house and once seeing Mehak,she complimented her saying how cute she was looking in her yellow frock and Mehak being Mehak became so shy that she didn't come out our room till the guest didn't leave." Mom said. 

"Mom…" I whined with my red cheeks due to embarrassment and Arthit burst out laughing. 

"Mehak,I can suggest you something good….if you want you can go to the room in the corner till the guests leave." Arthit said and both of them started laughing.

I stomped my feet in anger and went away from there,leaving them alone but still they didn't stop laughing. 

Traitors!!!! 
.
.
.
"Thank you so much Sunita for the wonderful evening. " My mom said as we decided to leave. 

"Mention not. Please do come again...remember we had our lunch date due." Aunty said to Mom. We smiled.

"Mehak beta,come again. Whenever you want to...I will be glad to spend time with you as today I couldn't due to the guests." Aunty said .

"Sure Aunty..I will come definitely. " I said to her. She smiled.

"Now we have to leave as Manik will come back home." Mom said. 

"Come,I will drop you outside." Arthit said and we went out of the house. 

Arthit helped Mom to sit inside the car and turned towards me.

"Okay bye then….see you soon, Mr. Busy." I said to him.

"Yeah...see you soon,Ms. Superstar. " He said and helped me to sit on the driver's seat. 

I did my goodbye to him and started my car towards home.
.
.
.
"They are such nice people...hai nah?" Mom asked me.

"Yeah.." I said to Mom as I concentrated on driving.

"By the way,how did you meet Arthit?" Mom asked me. I bit my lips. 

Yeah,I didn't tell mom about our meeting...I just told her that we were friends. So I took a deep breath and told Mom everything from the starting.

When I finished, Mom looked stunned.

"As I always say,your impulsive actions and big month will land you in trouble someday. It was Arthit that's why you got saved...otherwise you have been in trouble. " Mom said, shaking her head, giving me a "I-am-disappointed-with-you" look.

I couldn't help but agree.

I think I need to work on it. 

How's the chapter?

Let me know.

What do you think about the brewing friendship between Mehak & Arthit?

Next update on Monday.

Stay safe and healthy.

Please do Vote,Comment and Share.