48. The Reason

Author's pov

Hearing Chachu's words, Mehak froze in my tracks. 

"Already that created a storm in Arthit's life...more than him ,it harmed Mehak . I don't want it to get resurfaced. Do whatever you have to do but track down the main culprit who is behind this." 

She already knew what he was talking about. The past she wanted to forget was still there. 
"How could I love a person who was the reason behind it?" Mehak thought.

"You didn't get any proof. So Don't jump to any conclusions. First know the complete truth then judge him?" Her heart said to her.

 She was so busy in my thoughts that she didn't see Chachu coming out of the room. 

"Mehak," Hearing him, she turned towards him swiftly. 

"I want to ask you something, will you reply to me honestly?" She asked him to which he nodded. Seeing her face, he understood that she had heard him talking. 

"Who was the reason behind that news? Was it Arthit?" She asked him.

"Beta, I don't know. But I can assure you that Arthit doesn't have any kind of involvement in this . In fact he was in Capetown along with Sameer when all these happened. " Chachu said.
Mehak tried to find hesitation in his eyes but she only found the truth.

Mehak nodded and went towards her room. 
.
.
.
When she entered ,Aanshi was playing with the blocks. Feeding chocolate to her, she laid her down and made her sleep.

After Aanshi slept, she also laid down beside her and her mind travelled back to the past. 

Flashback 

1.5 years ago

(Remember Chapter 22 where Mehak went to Shimla for her shooting along with Vishal)

It was the last day of Mehak's Shimla Schedule. After that she was going to stay here for three days for sightseeing . Vishal was also going to stay with her. 

After completing her shoot, Mehak decided to take a stroll in the mall road. It was already night so not many people were there .  Vishal had a night shift so he won't be joining her.

She went to her suite and took a bath. After getting ready ,she walked out of her room. 
She was passing by the reception when a familiar figure caught her attention. She decided to see that man.

"Arthit !!" She exclaimed as she kept her hand on his shoulder. Hearing a familiar voice  ,he turned to see Mehak standing behind him with a smile on her face.

"What a pleasant surprise!!! What are you doing here?" She asked him.
"I came here for my magazine shoot today morning itself.So are you staying in this hotel?" He asked her as he already knew that Mehak was here to shoot, she herself told him. 

"Yes ...and you?" She asked. He nodded ,making Mehak squeal.

"Oh my God!! It's amazing, I won't be bore any more. By the way ,I am going for an outing. Will you come?" Mehak asked him.

"No ,I want to sleep. Sorry but I pass it." Arthit said apologetically. 

"Please...come on. Don't be a bore. Let's go ,It will be fun. We will enjoy and have some local cuisine as well. Please." Mehak said with a pout .

"No no..Don't show me that face. Okay, let's go." Arthit said, making Mehak giggle.

They went out and visited some places.  By the time they were almost done ,it started to drizzle lightly.