28. Reception Party

Mehak's pov

I was sleeping peacefully when somebody disturbed me by knocking on the door.

I whined and lazily opened my eyes. I looked at the clock and it was 5 pm.

Once again I heard the knock.

"Why is somebody so eager to spoil my good sleep?" I said to myself and went towards the door angrily to open the door.

I opened it but couldn't see anyone. Suddenly I felt a tug on my dress. I looked down to see Aanshi standing there with a soft toy in her hand. She was wearing a light blue frock ,looking extremely cute.

I raised my eyebrows in question . She blinked as she didn't understand what I did. She looked cute doing so.

I asked her ,"What happened?"

She replied in a meek voice," Will you help me to tie my hail (hair)?"

I was caught in a dilemma.

Seeing her pleading look it is hard to say no...but everytime I see her I remember the betrayal I have faced from the person who is my husband now ...who has always given me betrayal, only nothing else.

"Nothing else!!" My heart poked but I ignored it.

After all, I am also a human who has feelings. I need time to digest the fact. But before that I need to know the things related to Arthit's past.

Before I could reply ,Arthit's chachi came.

"Mehak, get ready beta. We have to leave within 7 pm. The make-up artist is here." She said.

Oh shit!!! It's my reception today. I completely forgot.

I nodded.

Chachi was about to leave when her eyes fell on Aanshi who started to squirm on her spot.

"You ..what are you doing here? Again you came to disturb her. How many times do I have to tell you not to roam near Arthit's room? Why are you so disobedient ? '' Chachi shouted at her.

Aanshi looked down and started to tremble in fear.

Why does she behave like this every time? This isn't right. Aanshi is just a child.

I was about to protest when we heard a deep baritone which I was very much familiar with.

"Don't force me to disrespect you Chachi." There comes Arthit with a stern expression on his face and hands in his pocket. The look he was giving was intimidating chachi.

He picked up Aanshi in his arms and wiped her tears away. She kept her head on his shoulder comfortably.

"But Arthit...."

"I won't tolerate this for long,remember that. If you can't bear her sight ,just stay out of it. Don't you dare to threaten her or scare her behind my back...otherwise the consequences will be very bad. It's my warning to you." Saying this in a cold voice,he left from there along with Aanshi but not before giving me a look which clearly told me that he was angry with me as well.
.
.
.
Soon the make up artist came and after two hours of torture,I was done.

I was wearing a peach coloured lehenga paired with an off shoulder dark blue velvety top. The jewellery with which I adorned myself was a diamond set which had a necklace,earrings and a bangle. With a stylish bun and minimal makeup I was done for the event.

 With a stylish bun and minimal makeup I was done for the event

Mehak's look

I knew that I should have worn something more gorgeous but I chose this as it was light in weight which would help to stand on my feet for hours.

Getting ready, I went out of the room and went downstairs to see Arthit already waiting for me there in a dark blue three piece suit.

Arthit's look

I hate to admit that he looked very handsome and suave.

"Don't...remember he is an enemy, cheater and cunning man. Don't fall for his charms like you used to. " My mind reminded me. I took a deep breath and agreed.

He looked at me for some time and looked away,clearing his throat.

Am I looking so bad?

I looked at my dress again.

"Let's go ." Saying this he went out.

Did he just ignore me? I stomped my feet in anger and went out as well.
.
.
.
"Where are others?" I asked him as we drove towards the banquet where the reception party was organized.

"In another car." Arthit said without looking at me.

"Is...Is Aanshi coming?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"Why? You don't want her to come right!!!! Moreover, why do you care?" He asked me.

I narrowed my eyes and said, "What do you mean? Are you indicating what happened with Aanshi today ? "

"Wow !!! You are smart ,great to know. Now coming to the point, I don't think that you care...If you would have ,you would have stopped Chachi..but no." He said with a huff.

Hearing this,I fumed in anger,"Listen I was about to protest but you came out of nowhere....moreover she is a child,she should be treated with care. Do you think I am inhuman ?"

"I didn't mean that...I just want to say that the problem is between us so Don't drag Aanshi in between. If you can't bear her sight ,stay out of her way. I know you are human and you need time to adjust with the fact that Aanshi is my daughter. " Arthit said calmly.

And like always he understood me without me saying anything.

I don't know whether I should be happy about it or upset that whatever it is ,the truth which doesn't change is that he betrayed me...twice.
.
.
.
As soon as we reached there, we got surrounded by the media.

As Arthit instructed, the security team came to our rescue.

We got out of the car and posed for the media who clicked our images. Needless to say,our smiles were fake.

"How does it feel to get married?"

"How many months have you two been in a relationship?"

"If you guys always were a couple, why did you hide it from people or deny the rumours?"

"Months ago the news came out about you two,was it true ....that means?"

Hearing the last question, both of us got stiffened.

"We both are married and it's the only truth you people should know. Now please just excuse us." Saying this, Arthit took me inside the party hall.

No matter how much I try ,that incident won't leave me alone.

Hey guys...I am back.

Thank you for keeping patience.

How's the chapter?

Next update on Wednesday.

Stay safe and healthy.

Please do Vote, Comment and Share