22. Shoot life

Mehak's POV 

"Kaise ho?(How are you?)" I asked him as we both sat beside each other on the bench.

"Bohut saal baad mile hai pata hai...par bas aise hi puchoge kaisa hoon? Pehle toh hum gale milte the...Ab kya humara bich itni dooriyan aa gaya ke hum hamesh ke tarha mil bhi nahi sakate?
(we met with each other after many years, I know...but will you just ask me how I am like this? Before we used to hug each other..now can't we meet each other like before...is there so distance between us?)" He asked me.

"Knowingly unknowingly, you have created the distance which we still cannot erase if we want to." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek. 

He looked at me with pain in his eyes and closed his eyes as if he couldn't bear the pain anymore. 

We both looked ahead to see the sunset which either can mean our almost ending relationship or the new beginning which we don't know.

"AND CUT….excellent ,Mehak...and Vishal ,as always it was outstanding. " Our director said. 

We both smiled at him. 

He gave us a break for half an hour and left from there. 

I sat down on the bench itself and Vishal sat beside me.

Currently we are in Shimla for a film shoot . We have to shoot here two months in which one month has already passed. 

"So...what's the plan in the evening?" I asked him.

"I am gonna wrap myself up in a blanket and sleep." Vishal said with a dreamy smile.

"Sone se aage bhi soch kabhi.(Think ahead of sleeping some time.)" I said to him sarcastically. 

"I love sleeping dude...I can't do anything about it. What's your plan?" He asked me.

I smiled mischievously at him and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"No...no...never. I won't...you heard me ,I won't. " Vishal said,shaking his head.

"Yess….you will . So after the shoot gets finished,you will dress up and we will visit the local market here. " I said with a smirk

"What's your enmity with my sleep? Every Time you do it with me….that's absolutely not fair. You don't like to see me at peace ,right?" Vishal whined,stomping his foot.

I nodded my head while trying to suppress my smile. He groaned and fumed like a five year old kid. I chuckled,  seeing him like this.

Before he could say anything, my phone pinged which was in between us.

As soon as I looked at the message,my smile wiped off my face.

"Won't you talk to him?" Vishal asked me softly. I shook my head. 

He sighed and said,"It's been a month since the incident,Mehak. " 

"But I can't forget what he did to me….his every word cut me to the core. He claims that he has feelings for me ,he knows me more than anyone else…..then how? Is that what he knows or thinks about me? I am not in the mood to discuss the topic...don't bring it up." I said to Vishal angrily.

It's been a month since the party incident. The next day when I was shooting with Vishal and others for my new film, Ankur came and told me his side of story: how he was influenced by one of his friends ;how he got uncomfortable seeing me close with Arthit ; and how he was ashamed of bad mouthing me. I just told him to get out and also threatened to not show his face. Why should I accept his apology when the reasons he gave me didn't make any sense?