21. Insult and more

Mehak's POV 

I got startled and looked at the culprit to see Ankur who dragged me like this.

"What happened?" I asked him while trying to snatch my forearm  away from his grip.  

I tried once more but still he wasn't loosening his grip from my forearm.

"What the hell,Ankur?" I yelled at him. 

"Why? Don't you like me touching you? But there...in the party,you were enjoying with that Arthit...he was also touching you but you didn't object...in fact you were laughing.. " Ankur said bitterly.

I stood there in shock hearing him.

Is he mad or what?

"Are you in your sense ,Ankur? What the fuck are you saying?
That was a friendly touch...not like yours where you are hurting me without any reason….you are manhandling me." I yelled at him.

I jerked my hand away from his hold. Thank God,it didn't get bruised. 

"Oh friends right… How many days have you known him? Maybe for some months...but you guys became friends very quickly.  But what about me? I have been with you for the last two years...but still you can't call me your friend. 
What had he done ,huh? Tell me...what he had that I don't. " Ankur said angrily. 

"Are you immature or what? Time can't define friendship. Why are you speaking like an idiot? Listen...let me go,I will talk to you when you will be in your senses...now I have to go home as it is already late...." I said to him and tried to walk past him. But he held my hand once again in a tight grip,making me Yelp in pain.

"Yes ...I have heard  that bastard said that he will drop you. He is trying to take advantage of you...why can't you understand?" He said rudely.

"Mind your language, Ankur...you don't have any right to insult someone like this… moreover how much do you know him to accuse him like this?." I said sternly.

"Oh...you are feeling the pain as I called your "friend" names, huh !!! You are fighting with me just because of him...
So they were right…. You became your friend just because he is richer than me right? You want to be more famous and successful, that's why you are with him ,Aren't you?" He said to me bitterly.

Hearing his choice of words, tears started to pool in my eyes. I have heard this kind of words for me...but it didn't affect me as those were coming from strangers.

 But today when one of my acquaintances said this, it hurt me a lot. 

So this is what he thinks of me!!! 

Why can't I be friends with Arthit when he seriously brings out my cheerful side and always motivates me which Ankur can't? Why can't I be honest with my feelings? 

I was feeling so angry as he insulted me and hurt my self respect that before I could control myself,I slapped him hard.

He looked at me in shock.

"Think whatever you want to think...I don't care...I literally don't care." I shouted at him.

I seriously don't care about those people who can't understand me... who and what actually I am.

"And Don't ever try to talk with me ." I yelled at him and went away from there.
.
.
.
I reached the hall ,wiping my tears away. As soon as I spotted Arthit,I walked towards him.

"Let's go." I said to him as he was busy on his phone.

"Yeah…." He said and looked up with a smile.