34. Calm before the storm.

Author's pov 

Mehak was in her vanity van to get ready for her next shot. She was determined to finish the shoot of the film as soon as possible as the regular tantrum from the male lead of the film was getting on her nerves. 

She was engrossed in her script as the makeup artist was doing her Makeup when suddenly a knock diverted her attention. 

"Come in." She answered.

The door opened revealing her assistant Hema. 

Mehak raised her eyebrows in question. 

"You have a meeting with the producer for the next film. He has arrived with the lead actor. Should I send him in?" Hema asked .

"I have an hour break … okay call them here." Mehak said and taking the clue , her Makeup artist left the van. 

.

.

.

Mehak read the script and the film which had the documents related to the film. 

"So what do you say?" The producer asked her. 

Mehak can feel a constant gaze on her . She looked up to see the male lead looking at her with a creepy expression. His lust-filled eyes were making him uncomfortable and pukish. 

"Sorry but I am not doing this movie. This movie has kissing scenes and an intimate scene.  You already know about my rule of "no-kissing and intimate scene". Then how are you expecting me to do the film?" Mehak said in an arrogant tone. 

"Oh come on ,Mehak……" 

"It's Mrs. Mehak for you." Mehak said Interrupting the male actor whose name is Manoj.

"Oh..okay. Mrs. Mehak, come on….it's just a film. The script is great. Then why are you ignoring this fact for this useless kissing clause?" Manoj asked with a mocking chuckle.

"Maybe it is useless for you but not for me . So stay out of this. I am not obliged to answer you." Mehak said. She was already disgusted by his sight.

The producer tried to make her understand but Mehak was adamant. 

Finally he let out a sigh and walked out with  disappointment. 

But Manoj stayed back.

"Mr. Manoj, you can leave now. I have my shoot going on. So please excuse me." Mehak said to him and turned around to pick her script.

Suddenly she felt him behind her and turned around to see him standing way too close to her.

"What are you doing? Stop invading my privacy." Mehak said sternly. The man was getting on her nerves.

He didn't move an inch.

"Why are you rejecting the film? Trust me ,this film will give you more popularity than before. " He said, looking into her eyes.

Suddenly he brought his face near Mehak's right ear ,making Mehak startled. 

"Moreover, you will enjoy the intimate moments which we will have between us for the film. Trust me ,you won't regret it…. I will make sure that you enjoy with me more than with your husband. "  He whispered in her and gave her a disgusting dirty smile after moving back.

By the time Mehak had already lost her patience. On the very next moment, Manoj was standing with his hand on her left cheek and his face was turned to his right.

Yes, Mehak slapped him so hard that her palm was stinging.

"People like you make this industry dirty… because of people like you  actresses have to face humiliation. 

Now hear me  carefully, bastard , if I see you near me next time, I will send you behind the bars...but not before beating the shit out of you. 

Get out  …. GET OUT YOU FUCKER." Mehak shouted at him.

Manoj looked at her and Mehak noticed his eyes which had fury and something else as well which made her stomach churn in disgust and fear. But she knew that she shouldn't fear from a cheap person.

"I will remember that….trust me you will pay for this." Saying this Manoj left the room.

.

.

.

At night 

Mehak walked out of the washroom after changing into her night wear. Entering her room, she saw that Aanshi was sitting on her bed with her panda soft toy.

"Hey Aanshi, what are you doing here?" Mehak asked her.

" I want to play with you." Aanshi said in her cute baby voice.

Mehak smiled and sat beside her. 

Yes, their relationship has improved from before. Mehak is trying to accept Aanshi . 

"No matter what Arthit had done, Aanshi didn't have any fault." She had thought. That's why she had started to accept Aanshi. 

After that puja incident of a week ago, she took the step forward to be friends with Aanshi. 

 Now the more time she spends with her ,the more she understands how pure their bond is .

Aanshi's smile, her cute voice and innocent talks make her day bright and have become the only source of  solace in her troubled life. 

After playing for half an hour, both of them slept with each other. Unknown to them ,Arthit was watching them from the threshold but both of them were too busy to notice. After they slept, he walked inside and sat on the bed to see them who looked innocent and pure .

Shaking his head, he walked out of the room with a smile on his face. 

His Daughter and his wife are together now. He is more than happy.

.

.

.

After a week . 

Only the sound of the clock can be heard in Rajvanshi mansion.

Not a single person inside the house has dared to utter a sound.

Arthit was standing inside the room beside his bed along with his family members and Sameer.

His eyes were fixed on the sleeping figure of his wife . The doctor was checking her. 

The bruise on her cheek was staring at him angrily and mockingly as if it was taunting him for being incapable of saving his wife when she needed him the most.

"She has fainted due to shock. Don't worry, she will be up after sometime. This medicines which I prescribed should be given to her. " the doctor said after checking her. 

He was escorted after that.

Every member was tensed for two people. One for Mehak and another for Arthit.

They are tensed for Mehak because they don't know how she will react after hearing the news.

And for Arthit because he was calm...way too calm which was making the people inside the mansion scared out of their wits because they know that a very calm Arthit was the previous phase of the upcoming storm.

Hello guys.
Here is the update.

I am extremely sorry for being late but after exam I was involved in  family issues and then I got ill as well. So couldn't get the chance to write.

But here is the update.

I will try to give you regular updates from now.

Enjoy the chapter.