49. Mehak's Confusion

Author's pov 

Flashback continues 

One day Mehak and Her mother were watching television when they came across a news which was being aired on an entertainment channel. 

Seeing the news ,Mehak fumed in anger. There was a magazine where it was printed ,

" Enjoying two at the same time :  Mehak Avasthi is creating a buzz  in town . Recently Avasthi went to Shimla for her shooting  where she was seen being cozy with her co-actor Vishal. 
We suspected that maybe something was brewing between them when another news confused us again. 
We have heard that Mehak was also seen with Arthit Rajvanshi. They were staying in the same hotel.
It means that  They were seen spending time with each other more than required. 
In fact In Shimla they were seen entering another hotel together at night , hiding from everyone. Next day they left before anyone could see them.

So if they were staying in the same hotel why did they need to go to another hotel at night? Was it because Mehak wants to keep her relationship with Arthit under wraps in front of Vishal? 
Or is she two timing with both of them? 

Whatever it is, we must say , Mehak Avasthi is going great." 

Never in her life she felt this much humiliation. The words seemed poisonous to her ears. But what hurt her the most was the magazine was from none other Arthit's magazine house. The taste of betrayal she felt at that very moment brought tears in her eyes. 

Her heart warned her to not jump  to conclusions before knowing the truth. Her mother also told her maybe there was some misunderstanding because Arthit couldn't do anything like that.

She tried to trust her mother and decided to call Arthit but too much to her dismay, he didn't receive it.
She kept trying but everytime got the same answer.

Ankur called her immediately as soon as he came to know about the news to console her. He told her that he always warned her about Arthit but still she believed Arthit over him. 
But nevertheless Ankur would be always there for Mehak no matter what.

Vishal also called her. He himself was furious hearing such disgusting news. When Mehak shared her doubt that Arthit did all these  ,Vishal warned her to come to a conclusion after knowing the whole truth because he couldn't believe that Arthit would do such cheap things.

Suddenly the news of Arthit's drowning business came to the light. The news said ,"The drowning business of Arthit Rajvanshi and his partner Sameer got saved due to the sensational news of Mehak. "

Mehak was shocked.  She wasn't aware of this. But she tried not to trust the news. 

A week passed but there was no call from Arthit. 

Slowly her trust started to waver. 

She decided to talk to Ankur because other than him everyone was saying that Arthit was not at fault. She didn't want to hear them.

"I don't know how this all happened." Mehak said helplessly to him. 

"I didn't expect  this from Arthit that he would do something like this for his own benefit. " Ankur said. 

"What do you mean?" Mehak asked.

" I mean to say , see,  Arthit's business was drowning. So maybe he published this news to save his business. " he said .

"He won't do that." Mehak said to him. 

"How can you say this after all these? Okay let's say that he didn't do anything  ,then why isn't he responding to your calls? Why isn't he clarifying the news? Why isn't he posting anything in his magazine saying that it is wrong? 
Only you, he ,Vishal and Your mom know about you staying with him in a hotel room. How  did the media come to know about it if somebody didn't tell them? 

Moreover, how can you forget that you have rejected him ? From then he started to stay aloof  .
Maybe he is taking revenge by humiliating you." Ankur said to him.

Unfortunately these words almost break her trust in him. She couldn't help but agree with Ankur because whatever he said was the truth.

After two days, Arthit came back and went straight to meet Mehak. 

There they had a huge argument. Arthit told her that he was in Capetown for his work and when the news reached to him, he immediately came back to India ,leaving his work. But Mehak didn't trust him. She listened to her mind why was already brainwashed by Ankur. She broke her friendship with Arthit and warned him not to come in front of her.

Arthit continued to try to talk to her and make her understand but still she didn't.  She never left a chance to insult him. 

The news died down. But the damage was already done. 

Though the news died down, People didn't stop talking about it. She was facing backlashing , she was being trolled and humiliated.
Mehak's reputation was at stake. Her PR team advised her to create a fake boyfriend to stop the buzz or get married to kill the buzz so that people would also believe that that was a rumour. 

On the other hand her Mother was pestering her to marry Arthit because according to her he was the correct man for her. 
She was amazed that after all these still her mother believed in Arthit. She was furious. 

That's when Ankur told her to marry her so that everything will be solved,  her mother won't be able to force her, the news would turn into a rumour. 
Mehak also agreed as she knew about his feelings and he stood by her at her critical situation. She announced her Marriage. 

Her mother, Vishal, was against it. When Arthit came to know, they had an argument again. 
He said ,"When my marriage proposal came to you, you denied saying that you weren't ready. Now how are you ready or this is what you always wanted?" In anger he blurted it out though he knew that she didn't have such intentions of marrying Ankur.

"Betrayer like you doesn't deserve an answer. " Mehak said to him which hurt him to the core.

Seeing Mehak's lack of trust in him ,he ended everything saying, "Okay...that's it. Think whatever you want, think...believe whatever you want to believe.  Because after this I won't give you any explanation. You don't deserve it. Do whatever you like to do...I won't see your face ever. It was my bad luck that I made a friend like you who doesn't trust her friend. Goodbye. One day you will understand your fault,...then you will realise what you did." Saying this he left.

It was the last meeting before their unexpected marriage .

Flashback ends.

"Was I too early to judge him? Was he seriously not involved in this foul play? I hope that I am wrong about him being the culprit. " Mehak said to herself. 

How's the chapter?

Let me know.

Next update will be soon.