V

I drove to Jamie's house with Matt, Nick and Elle. Nick and Elle seemed to be getting a little too comfortable with each other, so I decided to take the passenger's seat and leave them sitting together on the back seats.

Jamie's house was a big and white building, something like a small mansion. The lights in the garden you were first greeted with were on and were showing you the way to the back of the house. Although I really wanted to see what the back was like, I had to follow Matt and Nick inside the house; where all the fun was.

We entered the house and met the smell of alcohol and tobacco. The music was not too loud and everything seemed to be a lot fancier than Elle and I had expected. It almost made me embarassed for what I was wearing.

"Hey, you made it here alive!" Jamie joked, refering to Matt's driving.

"For your information, my driving is way better than yours," he rolled his eyes and left for the kitchen, making us all laugh.

"I feel embarassed for wearing what I'm wearing," I admitted while looking around at everyone's outfits and expensive glasses of champagne in their hands.

"Yeah, me too," Elle laughed, agreeing with me.

"Nah, don't worry about it. Katie can give you summat to wear," he suggested as Katie approached us.

"Monica and Elle? It's so nice to finally meet you, girls," she smiled widely at us with her pearly white teeth.

"You too," Elle replied with a smile and I nodded.

"Let's get you something to wear, come on," she winked at us playfully and started walking.

We walked up the large marble stairs located at the end of the living room. They looked so fragile and perfect, I was afraid to step on them and move to the next one because I thought I'd shatter them.

When we finally reached the top of the staircase, Katie looked back at us, giving us a reassuring smile and gesturing us to follow her. She showed us in what seemed to be her bedroom. It had the same type of decoration as the rest of the house and it smelled like lavender. The beige silk bedsheets were sparkling under the dimmed lights of the room and left Elle and I speechless.

"Are these silk besheets?" she leaned over to my ear and whispered carefully, not wanting Katie to realise. I nodded with my eyes widened, shocked at the sight of the whole room as a total.

"Alright," Katie stopped in front of a big beige closet that seemed to be built into the wall and opened it, revealing the ton of clothes behind it.

"Woah," Elle and I exhaled at the sight of them. It was summat like a paradise for us.

"Choose whatever you want, ladies," she chuckled at our reaction and moved out of the way, letting us shuffle through the clothes.

"Are you sure? I mean, what if we ruin them? What if we tear them-" I started, clearly worried, as I turned around to look at the blonde woman standing in her blue dress.

"No, you won't!" she cut me off with a warm smile. "And if you do, it's literally no problem!" she reassured us. I looked at Elle who was already looking at me worried. I shrugged at her and continued shuffling through the clothes.

It's safe to say we spent around 10 minutes shuffling through her clothes. They all looked so expensive and fancy that we couldn't decide which one we liked better. At the end, I picked out a simple burgundy silky dress that reached the floor when I wore it and Elle picked out a purple knee-length dress that was tight enough for her silhouette to be visible. Mine, on the other hand, was a bit tight on my waist and then fell loose with an opening on the right side for my bare leg to be visible.

Katie had left us in the room alone to get ready and had gone back down to the living room where everyone was at.

While I was waiting for Elle to zip up her dress, I freshened up my makeup, applying a lipstick just a shade darker than my dress, so it didn't seem too much, and then re-did my eyeliner.

"Alright, be honest, how do I look?" she finally asked, moving to the full-length mirror stood next to me.

"Elle, I'm sure you look- Oh my God!" I exclaimed as soon as I turned around, looking at her. I don't know how, but she had managed to keep her loose curls the way they were when we left my house earlier today and she had re-did her makeup. The dress fitted her unbelievably great and the pair of black stilettos she had picked out of Katie's closet matched it perfectly.

"You look amazing!" I added as she spun around, showing me her whole outfit.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Mon," she smiled and looked at me carefully. "In fact, you look gorgeous!"

"Oh, fuck off," I laughed and rolled my eyes, moving next to her, taking a look at myself in the mirror. I did, indeed, look great.

"Alright, I'll head downstairs," Elle eventually stated, grabbing her phone.

"I'll come in a bit," I answered before she nodded and left the room, leaving me in the huge room, looking at my reflection.

I never thought I'd wear something like this. I saw it everywhere, all around social media, worn by thousands of models and celebrities, but I never thought I'd see it on myself.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by someone opening the door handle and entering the room. I jumped back, completely absorbed in my own thoughts when I saw a black chelsea boot entering the room. Soon I looked up at the face of the masculine figure. Of course...

"Oh, sorry, didn't mean to, uh, interrupt," he apologised quickly after entering the room and stood there, under the doorframe, looking at me up and down with his eyebrow raised.

"No one ever told you starin' is rude, Turner?" I raised an eyebrow and smirked, walking slowly towards him.

"Depends on how the other one makes it seem, darlin'" he smirked back, meeting my eyes.

"Got lost looking for the bathroom?" I joked and sniggered.

"Maybe," he licked his bottom lip and took a deep breath, still looking at me. "The house is fuckin' huge," he explained and let out a faded laugh that sent me a strong scent of mint and tobacco.

"Not wrong, not wrong," I laughed and looked down at my black stilettos before looking back at him. The tension could be cut with a fucking knife.

"Alright, I need a drink," I finally spoke, breaking the comfortable silence between us. "I believe the bathroom is at the room beside this, Turner," I smirked and grabbed my phone, walking past him. I could feel his gaze all over me as I walked down the big staircase and I smiled at myself, feeling proud.

"Monica!" Matt exclaimed as soon as he saw me. He was wearing a black suit and he was holding a can of beer, unlike everyone else holding a glass of champagne.

"Matt!" I mimicked his tone and he laughed, pulling me in for a hug.

"You look stunnin'!" he admitted as he pulled back.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Matthew," I chuckled and looked around the room, looking for Elle's characteristic black hair in the big wave of crowd.

"If you're looking for Elle, I think she's there with Nick," he pointed at them laughing. Nick was wearing a beige suit-indentical to the one he was wearing when I first met him.

"I think these two are very keen on each other," I took a brief look at Matt before looking back at them.

"Agreed," he laughed slightly before being nudged on his shoulder. "Oh, Breana! This is Monica," he pointed at me and I turned around to look at the woman standing next to us. She was gorgeous.

"Lovely to meet you, Monica," she shook my hand. "I'm Matt's girlfriend," she explained and I nodded politely at her with a smile. "Need a drink?" she winked at me playfully and gave me her hand.

"Please," I begged and grabbed her hand, letting her lead me to the kitchen.